Friday 13 May 2016

The Daily Teaser — 13-5-2016: In Cars

Right … I’m back to work, today: on a long shift.

Frankly … ?

I am hoping to be able to take in my usual array of medications: specifically the one that helps my guts.

Although I’m starting to wonder how much help that actually IS … !

Some, at least: I’m ALSO thinking laying off the cola, and drinking more water, could be useful.

But, if I can make a confession?

It’s starting to get to me.

I like to think of myself as relatively tough.

But on-going stomach troubles?

These on-going stomach troubles are decidedly wearing!

~≈Ü≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw both Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s rather racy questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How ToLicense and video … 

Q1) The very first F1 World Championship took place, today: in which year of the 1950s?
Q2) The Championships consist of two competitions, over the course of the season.   One is for drivers.   Who’s the other for?
Q3) The Championships are on decided on a points basis.   At races called Grand … what?
Q4) All of these races — bar one — are at least how long: 200 km, 300 km or 400 km?
Q5) Which of the races is the one exception?
Q6) That one exceptional race has held the second most number of times in the World Championship era.   Name either of the countries to have held the most races?
Q7) Which US race is one of the few NON-F1 races to have been part of the World Championship?
Q8) The first Drivers World Championship was one by Giuseppe Farina.   Which European country was Farina from?
Q9) Which team was he driving for: Alfa Romeo, Ferrari or Maserati?
Q10) Finally … the ‘F’ in the phrase, ‘F1,’ stands for ‘Formula’.   The Formula refers to the design of what: the race cars, the race course or the drivers’ uniforms?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 12th May is International what Day: Doctors, Nurses or Dentists?
A1) Nurses.
Q2) 12th May saw the Soviet Union stop blockading West Berlin.   In which year?
A2) 1949.
Q3) 12th May, 1941, saw Konrad Vuse present the Z3 to an audience of scientists.   The Z3 is generally agreed to be the world’s first programmable … what?
A3) Computer.
Q4) 12th May, 1994, saw the death of MP, John Smith.   Which British political party had he been leader of?
A4) The Labour Party.
Q5) Finally … The North American Aerospace Defense Command agreement was signed: on 12th May, 1958.   Name either of the countries that signed it.
A5) Canada or the USA.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“And that just shows you how important the car is in Formula One Racing.”
Murray Walker.
And this tune … 


Have a good day … !












*        Cheers, Olga!   (I know I’ve got blood tests on Monday, I’m due an ultra-sound, and I’m seeing my GP, again, at the start of June.   It’s the unpredictability … AND the length of time it s taking!)

†        Hanging in, by the proverbial skin of the teeth, Debbi!   Where the hell DOES that phrase come from?   Oh … it’s biblical … 

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1950
Q2) Constructors
Q3) Prix
Q4) 300 km
Q5) Monaco
Q6) Italy and Britain
Q7) The Indianapolis 500
Q8) Italy
Q9) Alfa Romeo
Q10) Cars
Fingers crossed today is better.

Debbi said...

Just thought I'd say hi! :) I don't know a thing about this subject. My author friend Simon Wood does know! He used to race cars!

Sorry! I'm throwing in the towel this time! :)

BTW, did I mention I'm reading Douglas Adams' "Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul"? I absolutely love it! Makes me laugh.

Hang in there. I know what it's like to suffer chronic illness. Not fun!