Thursday 23 November 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 23-11-2017: Whose Dr Who … 

Did I mention I’d seem my doctor, just recently?

I saw my doctor, just recently.

I have to admit to feeling just a touch tireder than I should be, to be frank.

Practically falling 

The net result?

I have to go back … 

After having a lot of bloodtests.

Hopefully?

It’ll be nothing more serious my under-active thyroid getting less active!

~Ť~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1) 23rd November, 1963, saw the broadcast of the first episode of Dr Who.   That first episode was called An Unearthly … what?
Q2) The 2017 Christmas day episode of Dr Who is called … what?
Q3) The episode re-visits the First Doctor: originally played by William Hartnell.  Who’s playing the first doctor in the Christmas special?
Q4) The episode is the Twelfth Doctor’s last appearance.   Who plays the Twelfth Doctor?
Q5) Finally … The Thirteenth Doctor is due to make her first appearance in the Christmas episode.   Who plays the Thirteenth Doctor?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 22nd November, 1958, saw the birth of actress, Jamie Lee Curtis.   In which film did she make her debut?
A1) Halloween.
Q2) More to the point, name either of her famous parents … 
Q3) 22nd November, 1963, saw the death of writer, Aldous Huxley.   His last novel was published in 1962: and called what?
A3) Island.
Q4) England won the Rugby World Cup: on 22nd November, 2003.   Which Rugby: League or Union?
A4) Union.
Q5) Finally … Mae West died on 22nd November, 1980.   What was the name of her last film?
A5) Sextette.
Here’s a thought from the First Doctor, himself …
“It may seem like hindsight now, but I just knew that Doctor Who was going to be an enormous success. Don’t ask me how. Not everybody thought as I did. I was universally scoffed at for my initial faith in the series, but I believed in it. It was magical.”
William Hartnell, 8 January 1908 – 23 April 1975.
The original version of the theme tune … 


Oh … 

And some cheese … 


Today’s questions till be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        Yes, I keep reading about some of the older, still used, cinemas, Olga: they can be little gems!   I think the nearest one to Brentwood is in North London, somewhere.   I just wish we had one in town.   (There’s been talk of building a multi-screen one in town.   But the one local government that looked it was going to approve one … didn’t stay in office for long enough.)   As for fires … ?!   Did I ever mention I used to work in the local KFC?   The fire suppression system were extensive.   (And I get the impression the cooking oil used had a lot of edible additives: in part to make sure it was less flammable.)

†        Might JUST be an idea, Debbi … !   Oh, sorry about I’m Gonna Spend My Christmas With A Dalek, that much cheese this time of the morning/evening/afternoon/night, can be a bit … yeah, I’ll just keep quiet, shall I … ?   (Um … you’re looking at me, funny, Debbi … … … )

3 comments:

trev-v said...

Gosh 54 years ago. It only seams like yesterday that I was a teenager and watching the first episode of Doctor Who.

A1 Child

A2 Twice upon a time

A3 David John Bradley

A4 Peter Dougan Capaldi

A5 Jodie Auckland Whittaker

Of course As a teenager (I was 15) I was too old to have ever watched Doctor Who from behind the sofa but some of my younger sisters did.

Olga said...

Q1) Child
Q2) Twice Upon A Time
Q3) David Bradley
Q4) Peter Capaldi
Q5) Jodie Whittaker
Yes. There are some new multiscreen cinemas in my mother's neighbourhood (soon to be mine again) in new shopping malls. They are not bad but lack character. Happy Dr Who's Day! (As we don't celebrate Thanksgiving). KFC... I remember when they opened a shop in Sants, in the neighbourhood in Barcelona. They got there before MacDonalds, and I remember it was very exciting at the time. As I don't eat meat now I haven't visited in years but I remember going at the time. The quality seemed to drop very quickly but...
Do take care. I hope the tests are all OK.

Debbi said...

Cheesy is fun! And Doctor Who is awesome! :)

Do you think an American writer can do justice to the Doctor Who series? (She asked, nervously!) :)

1. Child
2. Twice Upon A Time
3. David Bradley
4. Peter Capaldi
5. Jodie Whittaker