Tuesday 14 November 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 14th November, 2017

Right … 

It’s officially silly o’clock!

I’m up at silly o’clock, listening to my pants slowing drying in the tumble dryer — only slightly less loud than a concrete mixer — and Radio Four’s news.

Well … 

The last traces of the news: as presented by the BBC World Service, who use Radio Four’s airwaves while it’s off air, overnight.

Frankly, though?

I’m aware that January’s a long way off, right now.

I caught Episode 9 of Star Trek: Discovery, last night: which was very impressive.

That was the last episode of the first half of the first series.

I’m very impatient: and can’t wait until January … 

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) NASA’s second crewed mission to the moon launched: on 14th November, 1969.   Which Apollo mission was it: 12, 13 or 14?
Q2) Princess Anne, the Queen’s only daughter, got married on 14th November, 1973.   Who to: Mark Phillips or Timothy Lawrence?
Q3) The Appalachian Meeting took place on 14th November, 1957: and famously got raided by various US police forces.   The meeting was a meeting of senior members of what?
Q4) Norodom Sihanouk returned to his home country on 14th November, 1991.   Which country was that home?
Q5) Finally … 14th November, 1932, saw the founding of Al-Shorta SC.   It’s one of the largest football clubs in which Middle Eastern nation?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 13th November is the feast day of Frances Xavier Cabrini.   She’s the patron saint of whom: nuns, immigrants or Italian Americans?
Q2) Nevado del Ruiz erupted: on 13th November, 1985.   Eruption and volcano are in which South American country?
A2) Columbia.
Q3) Prince Albert 1st was born on 13th November, 1848.   He, and the rest of the Grimaldi dynasty, are princes of where: Andorra, Liechtenstein or Monaco?
A3) Monaco.
Q4) Prince Hans-Adam 2nd started his reign: on 13th November, 1989.   Of where: Andorra, Liechtenstein or Monaco?
Q5) Finally … Sweden voted to join the European Union: on 13th November, of which year?
A5) 1994.
Here’s a thought …
“I say that religion isn’t about believing things. It’s ethical alchemy. It’s about behaving in a way that changes you, that gives you intimations of holiness and sacredness.”
Karen Armstrong, born 14 November 1944.
And a song by Johnny Desmond …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Turkeys, Olga?   I’m staying at the word ‘gobble’, and thinking there’s too many bad punchlines!   And given the US president grants a presidential pardon to a turkey around now?   There’s going to be a lot of Donald Trump gags, too!   (I THINK they strut.   The choughs around here move the same way: makes them look like a bunch of thugs.)

†        I had quite a lot of Hancock on tape when I was young, Debbi: and had a lot of the radio show on tape.   The man died tragically young: but left a legacy.   I don’t think there’s that many people my age who haven’t heard The Blood Donor or The Radio Ham: which reminds me, I’d have to sit down with The Missing Page and Twelve Angry Men!   (I’m wishing I had one of the newer Macs, actually, Debbi: Siri would come in handy!)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Apollo 12
Q2) Mark Phillips
Q3) The American Mafia
Q4) Cambodia
Q5) Iraq
I think you're right. Comedians will have a field day in the US for Thanksgiving, although having somebody like Trump as president goes beyond what most would have expected for comedy.
I haven't checked what's on the telly over Xmas but I'll be back in Barcelona, although I wonder if I might be able to catch up on some when I come back until I definitely leave. (Well, as definite as anything is these days). Make sure you catch some sleep.

Debbi said...

Oh, Lord! I'm not into Siri. Too techie! God knows who's listening!

Yes, I'm still a bit of a Luddite! :)

1. 12
2. Mark Phillips
3. the American Mafia
4. Cambodia
5. Iraq