Wednesday 22 November 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 22nd November, 2017

Oh … 

I knew I’d seen the name, before!

Did I fell You I was watching TV, last night?

I was watching TV, last night: the last few episodes of The Strain, so you know.

And, it the midst of going through some old blog entries: in a vague effort to do some comparing and contrasting.

Remember me writing all those entries about Star Trek: Discovery?

Something that vaguely bothered me was Shazad Latif: who appears in the series and whose name seemed vaguely familiar.

Well, I’m happy.

In digging up the various links I realise I’d included Mr Latif’s name in the tags for Penny Dreadful: he plays Dr Jeckyll in the series.

Thank heavens I did.

That’s been bothering me for a while!

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 22nd November, 1958, saw the birth of actress, Jamie Lee Curtis.   In which film did she make her debut?
Q2) More to the point, name either of her famous parents … 
Q3) 22nd November, 1963, saw the death of writer, Aldous Huxley.   His last novel was published in 1962: and called what?
Q4) England won the Rugby World Cup: on 22nd November, 2003.   Which Rugby: League or Union?
Q5) Finally … Mae West died on 22nd November, 1980.   What was the name of her last film?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 21st November, 1913, saw the birth of John and Roy Boulting.   The Boulting Brothers were — during the 1950s and 1960s — Britain’s best known what: film producers, composers or sculptors?
Q2) 21st November, 1924, saw the birth of Christopher Tolkien.   Christopher edited one of his father’s books, after his father”s death.   Which book: The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings or The Silmarillion?
Q3) 21st November is World Television Day.   Smart TVs can be connected to what?
Q4) The Jewish Temple in Jerusalem was rededicated by King Judas Maccabaeus on 21st November, 165 BC.   Which Temple was it: the First, Second or Third?
A4) The Second.
Q5) Finally … which Belgian city had a security lockdown: on 21st November, 2015?
A5) Brussels.
Here’s a thought …
“How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?”
Charles De Gaulle, 22 November 1890 – 9 November 1970.
And, as today marks the birthday of Talking Heads bassist, Tina Weymouth?

I’ll run this past you … 


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        It’s funny you should mention the fires, Olga.   A chip shop I worked in burnt down, many years ago, as did a hotel: both after I left, I should add.   And the talk was both were insurance jobs.   Saying that?   The chippy had lots of flammable cooking oil around waiting for an accident with a fryer to happen.   And the hotel?   Was in an older building: with a lot of iffy electrical cables, next to lots of gas pipes.   Go figure!   And Brentwood’s one cinema closed in the late 1990s, as I recall: mostly because a few multiplexes opened nearby.   (I liked that old cinema: it was small, was having trouble competing … but I could get to it without spending a fortune on buses!)

†        That it could, Debbi!   (There’s this slightly bonkers American ex-lawyer I know as a result.)   Hmmm … if you DO put something together, I’d possibly be able to contribute: that’s if you don’t mind me going mad with a slideshow …

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Halloween
Q2) Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis
Q3) Island
Q4) Union
Q5) Sextette
Yes. There were several cinemas in my neighbourhood that disappeared. The ones I mentioned were not close by and were huge, but still, by the time they went up in smoke things had changed there too. I love the little cinema here in Penistone (well, not that small, but full of character and over 100 years old). Yes, I'm sure chippies are risky businesses with fire, although hopefully, the rules have tightened up. My mother watches sometimes some of these programmes where famous chefs go to rescue restaurants, and I'm surprised there aren't even more fires (let's say that they are not always well kept).

Debbi said...

A collaboration! How cool! :)

1. Halloween
2. Tony Curtis and Janet Leigh
3. Island
4. Union
5. Sextette