Thursday 2 November 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 2nd November, 2017.

Oh, right … 

That was the initial appointment … 

I have to confess, I had a dentist’s appointment, yesterday: on the way to getting a tooth extracted.

The tooth’s still there: but I have to head back, to get the thing extracted.

The appointment, next week?   Lasts an hour.

That’s when the pliers come out, I think.

~≈Â≈~

The fact that, in all this?

I managed to catch more episodes of Freak Show, last night?

Is practically incidental.

Saying that?   The younger members of the ensemble are doing their usual good jobs in their respective roles, Michael Chiklis† is surprising us with his choice of jobs, Finn Wittrock is slowing turning into Norman Bates …  

But, as ever, it’s Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett and Jessica Lange that steal the show …

~≈Â≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga‡ and Debbi^ putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) A five member committee was founded: on 2nd November, 1795.   Known as the Directory, it was the committee that governed where: France, Germany or Italy?
Q2) 2nd November, 1951, saw Britain send 6000 troops, where: Northern Ireland, Egypt or Saudi Arabia?
Q3) Devout Quaker, Norman Morrison, set himself on fire: on 2nd November, 1965.   In a drastic protest against the Vietnam War, he set himself alight outside where?
Q4) 2nd November, 1966, saw the birth of Friends actor, David Swimmer.   Which character does he voice, in the Madagascar franchise?
Q5) The Cuban Adjustment Act came into force: on 2nd November, 1966.   It allowed many Cubans to apply for residence, where?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 1st November saw the first performance of Othello.   In which year?
A1) 1604.
Q2) Who wrote Othello?
Q3) Othello, himself?   Is a general in an army.   The army of which Italian city-state?
A3) Venice.
Q4) The story tells of Othello’s rivalry with his ensign.   What’s the ensign’s name?
A4) Iago.
Q5) Finally … the ensign tried to make Othello jealous of his wife.   What’s her name?
A5) Desdemona.
Here’s a thought …
“I’m suggesting we call sex something else, and it should include everything from kissing to sitting close together.”
Shere Hite, born 2nd November, 1942.
And a song … 


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a nice day.




*        I’m grateful the dentist had a nurse with her.   But?   It seems that many EU nurses are planning to leave the UK, in the run-up to Brexit.   Personally?   I still think leaving is the stupidest idea.   Losing a lot of trained medical staff in the run up, and who we are going to need more time to replace?   Just reinforces the idea that leaving the EU is just plain idiotic.

†        Chiklis usually ends up being mildly typecast as the tough guy in the things I’ve seen him in.   The role of Dell’s got a sensitive side, though.   (Turns out many of Chiklis’ Greek ancestors came from Lesbos.   I’m trying to avoid saying he’s a Lesbian …)

‡        ‘Bothersome’ is a good way of putting it, Olga!   Especially now I’ve got another wait!   At ANY rate, it’s nice to know Robin Wright turns up in something else I’m planning to see.   Did I mention I’d seen Wonder Woman?   Wright crops up in it as Wonder Woman’s Aunty Antiope.

^        Shame it’s big to email to you, Debbi: and my copy’s over the WeTransfer size limit!   Apparently, thought?   BBC America were showing classic Dr Who repeats, at one point.   MIGHT be worth keeping your eyes open!

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) France
Q2) Egypt
Q3) The Pentagon
Q4) Melman the Giraffe. (For some reason I thought he was much younger than me but he’s only a year younger).
Q5) The United States
Sorry to hear about the wait, although yes, I know a tooth extraction takes time. I totally agree with you on the leaving and nurses front, as you know. I did watch Wonder Woman and enjoyed it. (My mother came with me, and although she is not into Superheroes usually, she enjoyed it too. Completely off-topic, I was reading great reviews about the new Thor movie). Yes, of course she is there too and she has a good part. Her part in the new Blade Runner is pretty good too (and I won't say anything else). Very impressed with the movie, although it is different, but somehow it works. Great to see Harrison Ford too (for some reason he reminded me of my father very much there). It does look like a million dollars, although it has a lot to live up to. I did find my BFI book about the original movie, and you won't be surprised to know that although many of my books I can't sell because they are not interested in buying them, yes, that one sells (and the novel, that I also have). Oh well, they're coming with me to Spain. And the first movie.

Debbi said...

Yes! I would love that. BTW, thanks the "Robots"! Always great to see Tom Baker! :)

1. France
2. Egypt
3. the Pentagon (beneath Defense Secretary Robert McNamara's office)
4. Melman
5. the U.S.