Tuesday 19 November 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 19-11-2019: Jodie Foster

19th November, 2019.


It’s true: I had an interview, yesterday!

At a local phone shop.

I thought it went fairly well: although I though I should have mentioned extended warranties in the role playing* section, rather than the case I did discuss.

However?

The decision’s ultimately not down to me: much as I’d like to get the job … 

~≈¥≈~

As an extra thought?

While I was prepping various bits and bobs for the episode of Mr Robot I caught, last night?

I got a call from another potential employer, last night.

I’ve got another interview on Monday … 

~≈¥≈~

And, just as another extra thought?

Google’s released its Stadia games streaming service, today.

Along side the micro console it can be played on.

Personally?

I wouldn’t mind a go at that: and think it possibly could be a good birthday or Christmas present for my nephew.

Possibly.

Unlike Netflix, you don’t pay a subscription for the service, and get access to a lot of free games.

You pay a subscription … and, with a basic subscription, have to pay extra for games.

Frankly?

I don’t know if that’s going to generate big sales for Google.

~≈¥≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with both scoring ten out of ten.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 19th November saw the birth of Jodie Foster.   In which year of the 1960s?
Q2) She had a minor role in the TV show, Mayberry R. F. D.   Mayberry R. F. D aired on which US network?
Q3) 1976 saw Jodie appear in Freaky Friday.   Freaky Friday was made by which studio?
Q4) 1976 also saw her play child prostitute, Iris Steensma.   In which Scorsese film?
Q5) Jodie was nominated for a Best Supporting Actress for that film.   In which year?
Q6) Jodie appeared as three different characters, in three different episodes of which western TV show?
Q7) Jodie plays Erica Bain: in which 2007 film?
Q8) 1991 saw Jodie direct which film?
Q9) 1991 also saw her playing Clarice Starling: in The Silence of the Lambs: opposite Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter.   Who played Buffalo Bill, in The Silence of the Lambs?
Q10) Finally … ?   Jodie won her first Best Actress Oscar for which film?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 18th November is Independence Day in Morocco.   It marks the country’s Independence from two countries.   Name one of those countries.
Q2) What’s Morocco’s capital city?
A2) Rabat.
Q3) Morocco’s largest city shares its name with a well known Humphrey Bogart film.   Which Humphrey Bogart film?
A3) Casablanca.   (Play it, Sam …)
Q4) Morocco is a what: monarchy, republic or stratocracy?
A4) Monarchy.
Q5) Morocco has two official languages.   One is Arabic.   What’s the other?
A5) Berber.
Q6) What’s the official religion in Morocco: Sunni Islam, Shia Islam or Sufi Islam?
A6) Sunni Islam.
Q7) According to mitochondrial DNA studies, Morocco’s Berbers are related to the Sámi people.   Where are the Sámi from: Europe, Africa or Asia?
A7) Europe: they mostly live in Scandinavia.
Q8) Morocco is where: North Africa, South America or East Europe?
Q9) Bitaqat Hub, by Samira Said, was Morocco’s entry in the 1980 … what?
Q10) Finally … ?   A Tajine is a traditional Moroccan what: water pipe, fork or cooking pot?
A10) Cooking pot.   It’s also a king of stew cooked in a Tajine.
Here’s a thought …
“I grew up with the idea that the movie business is a family. It’s like the mob. You don’t rat on your friends. Who you are in a business relationship is a reflection of who you are as an artist.”
Jodie Foster.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        I had to pretend to be a salesperson, selling phones to a big group.   Rather than dressing up as a dwarf.

†        Yep: I’ve been there, myself, Olga.  And wondering about the interview I’m going to on Monday.   It would be nice to bag it … but yesterday’s is a lot nearer, and cheaper to get to.   We’ll have to see if I get really lucky, and get offered both … 

‡        I hope they do, Debbi!   Hmmm … have you checked your channel’s Youtube Studio button?   That’ll tell you how many subscribers you’re on.

3 comments:

Nik Nak said...

I can’t help but think Jodie — much like Shirley Temple — are good role models for how a recovering child star can handle their career.

Jodie did a business studies course, in case things went pear shaped.

Shirley went into diplomacy

Olga said...

Q1) 1962
Q2) CBS
Q3) Walt Disney Productions
Q4) Taxi Driver
Q5) 1977
Q6) Gunsmoke
Q7) The Brave One
Q8) Little Man Tate
Q9) Ted Levine
Q10) The Accused
Good luck with both interviews! I agree about Jodie and Shirley. I think they both had good heads on their shoulders and that helps.

Debbi said...

Far as I know, I have 102 subscribers now! Very nice! :)

1. 1962
2. CBS
3. Walt Disney Productions
4. Taxi Driver
5. 1976
6. Gunsmoke
7. The Brave One
8. Little Man Tate
9. Ted Levine
10. The Accused