Wednesday 20 November 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 20th November, 2019.

20th November, 2019.


Emails, emails, emails … 

Just so you know, I’m a Mac fan, and user.

And get emails from them: mostly receipts, but also from the Communities, one of Apple’s help section.

As you may know, with the recent update to macOS, the Mac’s operating system, Apple dumped the iTunes app.

And replaced it with a Music, TV and Podcast app.

Personally?   I think have basically stripped the old iTunes apps of its Movie, TV and Podcast functions: and filled the gaps with re-worked versions of relevant AppleTV apps.

Ones that aren quite as functional as the iTunes app functions they replace.

I’m not happy.

The emails?

Are from one post I’m following: that tells us that many others are also unhappy about the changes.

I’m not surprised.

Right now?

I can only hope Apple are paying attention to posts like that: and are planning improvements for either Catalina 10.15.2 … or whatever replaces Catalina.

~≈†≈~

Just as an extra though?

I’m very aware that BBC America’s doing a series based on Sir Terry Pratchett’s Nightwatch/Discworld novels.

I have my issues with some of the casting.

They’ve cast Lara Rossi as Lady Sybil: which has got my goat.   I’ve no issues with her ethnicity: although I’m aware I won’t come off looking good, by mentioning it.

I’ve no issue with her ethnicity: but her build.

Sybil’s supposed to be built like (say) me, Miranda Hart or Rusty Lee.   Quite … sturdy … in other words.   Lara Rossi’s very slim.   Ellen Thomas would be better options, I feel.

Then there’s Sam Vimes (Richard Dormer) and John Keel (Hakeem Kae-Kazim).

I’ve no issue with the ethnicity … but the fact that characters are supposed to vaguely resemble each other.

Which they clearly don’t.

I’d have the same issue if the pair had been cast as the other character.

They’ve ALSO cast Anna Chancellor as Lord Vetinari.

You can see the issue, there.

Frankly?

I’m planning on going no-where near this travesty.

~≈†≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both ten out of ten.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 20th November, 1975, saw the death of General Franco.   In which year was his body exhumed: and moved to the family cemetery in Madrid?
Q2) 20th November, 1974, saw the USA’s Department of Justice started an anti-trust suit against which telecoms company?
Q3) Andrei Chikatilo, Russia’s most prolific serial killer, was arrested on 20th November, 1990.   He was tried for how many killings: 53, 51 or 49?
Q4) Jeremy Thorpe, MP, was accused of murder: on 20th November, 1978.   Who played Thorpe in 2018’s A Very English Scandal?
Q5) Finally … ?   The Georgia Dome was demolished: on 20th November, 2017.   Which professional American Football team had it been home to?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 19th November saw the birth of Jodie Foster.   In which year of the 1960s?
A1) 1962.
Q2) She had a minor role in the TV show, Mayberry R. F. D.   Mayberry R. F. D aired on which US network?
A2) CBS.   (Her older brother, Buddy, was also in the series.)
Q3) 1976 saw Jodie appear in Freaky Friday.   Freaky Friday was made by which Studio?
A3) Disney.
Q4) 1976 also saw her play child prostitute, Iris Steensma.   In which Scorsese film?
A4) Taxi Driver.   Robert De Niro is also in Taxi Driver.
Q5) Jodie was nominated for a Best Supporting Actress for that film.   In which year?
A5) 1977.
Q6) Jodie appeared as three different characters, in three different episodes of which western TV show?
A6) Gunsmoke.
Q7) Jodie plays Erica Bain: in which 2007 film?
A7) The Brave One.   (“I want my dog back!”)
Q8) 1991 saw Jodie direct which film?
Q9) 1991 also saw her playing Clarice Starling: in The Silence of the Lambs: opposite Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter.   Who played Buffalo Bill, in The Silence of the Lambs?
Q10) Finally … ?   Jodie won her first Best Actress Oscar for which film?
Here’s a thought …
“Doc has been my name all my life, and John is my middle name. I’m proud of all my names - Malcolm John Michael Creaux Rebennack. I’m proud of them names.”
Doctor John, November 20, 1941 – June 6, 2019.
And one of my favourite albums …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Cheers, Olga: I think I’m going to need it!   The one on Monday’s an issue.   I need to arrange the bus ticket for the trip.   I’m still waiting for their — ha! — confirmatory email: I need it by tomorrow’s meeting at the job centre … 

†        Sounds like it’s coming along, there, Debbi!   Mine’s … getting bigger, let’s put it that way!   I’m going to try and find extra channels for end cards, though.

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 2019 (Finally!)
Q2) AT & T Corporation
Q3) 53
Q4) Hugh Grant
Q5) The Atlanta Falcons
Keep us posted! Fingers crossed!

Debbi said...

You can always create playlists of your videos and make cards of them. It encourages views. :) At least, those who claim to know say that.

1. 2019
2. AT&T Corp. or the Bell System, aka Ma Bell
3. 53
4. Hugh Grant
5. the Atlanta Falcons