Friday 29 November 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 29th November, 2019.

29th November, 2019.


Hmmm … 

Did I mention I’m jobhunting?

I’m jobhunting … so you know.

And have to report into the Job Centre, every couple of weeks.

And follow any suggestions they make.

They’ve suggested one: a course at a local venue, covering interview technique, and various other bits.

It sound like it could be useful.

But lord, it’s a bit of a walk away … !

~≈†≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* David† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 29th November saw the Diet — the parliament — of Japan met for the first time.   On 29th November of which year of the 1890s?
Q2) 29th November, 1832, saw the birth of author, Louisa May Alcott.   Her best known work was published in 1868.   What was it called … ?
Q3) 29th November, 1898, saw the birth of writer, C. S. Lewis.   In 1954, he became a fellow of Magdalen College … where?
Q4) 29th November, 1993, saw the Conservative government sharply criticised for its dealings with whom?
Q5) Finally … ?   29th November, 1944, saw partisans liberate which country?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 28th November is Republic Day in Chad.   Chad is on which continent?
A1) Africa.
Q2) What’s the capital of Chad?
Q3) Name either one of Chad’s official languages … 
A3) Arabic or French.
Q4) Idriss Déby is Chad’s … what?
A4) President.   (He’s a graduate of Muammar Gaddifi’s World Revolutionary Center.   Make of that what you will … )
Q5) Finally … ?   The country is named after what: a mountain, lake or desert?
A5) A lake: Lake Chad, if you’re feeling picky.
Here’s a thought …
“A pleasure is full grown only when it is remembered.”
Out of the Silent Planet, by C. S. Lewis, 29 November 1898 – 22 November 1963.
And a song: courtesy of producer, Meco.   Be warned, there’s a certain amount of cheese involved …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Break a leg, there, Olga: I hope it went well.   Knowing how your voice is … ?   It should go off with a certain amount of polish, cold or otherwise.


†        Morning, David: how’s the day?   (Can I mention where you are to Olga and Debbi?)


‡        Glad to be of help, Debbi!   (Oh, JUST as a thought?   If Rick hasn’t managed to pick up an external drive for Time Machine, the best bet’s one that’s two to three times bigger than his main hard drive.   There’s instructions on how to set it up, here.)


2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1890
Q2) Little Women (a favourite of mine as a child, and still a favourite of mine. Jo March is one of my inspirations to become a writer). And the writer was quite a character herself, for sure.
Q3) Cambridge. This is a trick one, isn’t it, because he went to Magdalen College first in Oxford and later in Cambridge (I visited Magdalene College in Oxford. I’ve been a fan of Oscar Wilde since my teens).
Q4) The IRA
Q5) Albania
Thank you. The event itself went well and was interesting, although I connected the recorder to the feed and it did not work (it seems you should never do that, and I'd been told once, but I didn't recall, not that my head was very clear), but at least I managed to talk to the creator of the TV programme (she had a cold as well, so there you go), and to one of the people featured in the series (it's a series about local markets, and he is a fishmonger at the district market). It was packed with people, but the food afterwards was very nice (of course from the market itself. I only tried the soup, but it helped keep me going).
The course sounds good. I love walking, so I won't elaborate on that side of things.
I'm intrigued about David's whereabouts.
Oh, and I do remember the song! It seems, at least in my case, the cheesiest the song, the most difficult it is to get it out of my head.

Debbi said...

Thank you very much. I assume it doesn't make a difference whether Rick's iTunes music was purchased or recorded and digitized?

1. 1890
2. Little Women
3. Oxford
4. South Africa
5. Yugoslavia

Thanks for the tech support! :)