Thursday 21 November 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 21st November, 2019

21st November, 2019.


It’s got be said, I’m actually up early, today.

I’ve a meeting at the new and improved Job Centre.

What’s called a Commitments Review meeting.

In other words, one where my work coach and I go over what I need to do, in order to keep claiming money.

It should go well.

Although, as ever?   There’s things I want to chew over.

The last time I had an extended period of joblessness, I ended up having to sign on for the privately run Work Program.

Something that the then government was heavily promoting as a jobhunting cure-all … and something that, as it turned out, was about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Actually … ?   Less useful.   You could eat the teapot.

So … ?

I just want to find out what I could be facing … 

~≈Ü≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 21st November, 2011, saw the sad death of Anne McCaffrey.   Her Pern novels feature a species of what?
Q2) Who resigned as President: on 21st November, 2017?
Q3) 21st November is the feast day of Maurus of Parentium.   Parentium — now called Poreč — is in which modern, European country?
Q4) The La Ronde restaurant opened in Honolulu: on 21st November, 1961.   It was the first restaurant in the US that did what: revolve, undulate or float?
Q5) 21st November, 1854, saw the birth of Cardinal Giacomo della Chiesa.   The cardinal was also Pope Benedict the what?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 20th November, 1975, saw the death of General Franco.   In which year was his body exhumed: and moved to the family cemetery in Madrid?
A1) 2019.
Q2) 20th November, 1974, saw the USA’s Department of Justice started an anti-trust suit against which telecoms company?
Q3) Andrei Chikatilo, Russia’s most prolific serial killer, was arrested on 20th November, 1990.   He was tried for how many killings: 53, 51 or 49?
A3) 53.   (He confessed to 56.)
Q4) Jeremy Thorpe, MP, was accused of murder: on 20th November, 1978.   Who played Thorpe in 2018’s A Very English Scandal?
A4) High Grant.
Q5) Finally … ?   The Georgia Dome was demolished: on 20th November, 2017.   Which professional American Football team had it been home to?
A5) The Atlanta Falcons.
Here’s a thought: RIP Anne …
“I have a shelf of comfort books, which I read when the world closes in on me or something untoward happens.”
In Memorium, Anne McCaffrey, 1 April 1926 – 21 November 2011.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        I think I’m going to need it, Olga: just to get past today’s Job Centre meeting.   Actually, their office is up Warley Hill … I hate going up Warley Hill.   (Debbi tells me it’s not as bad the ones in San Francisco.   And it’s not as steep as Baldwin Street in New Zealand.   Or Ffordd Pen Llech in Wales.   But … )

†        The trouble with that, Debbi … ?   It gives me nothing to put in the little Info button at the start of the videos!   (That reminds me, Debbi, what IS the steepest hill in San Francisco?)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) dragon
Q2) Robert Mugabe
Q3) Croatia
Q4) revolve
Q5) The XV
There are quite a few hilly streets here as well, although I'm not sure they can compare, but now that I've joined the regular walking excursions here, I'll keep checking.
Good luck for today's review (although I suspect by the time you read this it will be a bit late). Well, and good luck with everything.

Debbi said...

Well, I'm not sure. But you could probably find the answer here: https://www.7x7.com/the-real-top-10-list-of-steepest-streets-in-san-francisco-1786501295.html

1. dragons
2. Robert Mugabe
3. Croatia
4. revolve
5. the Fifteenth or XV