Friday 8 November 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 8-11-2019: Ru’peeing about … !

8th November, 2019.


Yes: it’s officially official: I have earworms.

Two of them, I should add: Snow’s Informer, and the Associates’ Waiting for the Loveboat.


Quite why they’re floating my head, I really couldn’t say for sure: especially as I’ve only got half an idea!

~≈†≈~

Did you know you smell?

So do I.

It’s partly why we have noses, after all.

The reason I mention that?

Is the piece of news I saw, a day or two ago.

It seems there’s an area of the brain called the olfactory bulbs: that allow us to smell.

Some of us?   Don’t have them: and have no sense of smell as a result?

Except for some left handed women: who’s sense of smell is fine …despite lacking those bulbs.

Quite what’s going on there, I honestly don’t know!

~≈†≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) Narendra Modi ordered the withdrawal of the 500 and 1000 Rupee note: on 8th November, 2016.   Mr Modi is India’s current what?
Q2) The symbol for the Rupee is ₹.   The ₹ symbol is 
a letter called Ra.   In which script: Devanagari, Tamil or Burmese?
Q3) The two notes had portraits of whom on them?
Q4) New Rupee notes have been introduced since 2016.   Whose image is on them? 
Q5) Finally … ?   India has now introduced a new series of Rupee notes.   What’s the new, highest, denomination of Rupee?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 7th November saw President Eisenhower elected as President.   In which year?
A1) 1956.
Q2) Was this Eisenhower’s first or second term as US President?
A2) Second.
Q3) Excluding Presidents who have died in their first term, Vice Presidents who’ve served a partial Presidential term as a replacement, or President Trump — who hasn’t completed his first term — how many presidents have only completed one full presidential term?
A3) Twelve: John Quincy Adams, Martin van Burin, James K. Polk, Franklin Pierce, James Buchanan, Rutherfor B. Hayes, Benjamin Harrison, William Howard Taft, Herbert Hoover, Jimmy Carter and George H. W. Bush.
Q4) How many terms may a US President may serve?
A4) Two.
Q5) Finally … ?   Who was the USA’s longest serving president?
Here’s a thought …
“Black money and corruption are the biggest obstacles in eradicating poverty”
Narendra Modi, speaking about his decision to act on currency.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        You’re right, Olga: I’m half expecting the boiler to fall off the wall, ten minutes after the workmen finish!   What can I tell you?   Apart from I’ll need my phone to film it it, when it does!   As for the politics … ?   Well, what can I tell you?   Apart from ‘It’s messy.’

†        Ah HA!   Nevermind!   That gives me an excuse to play you an album, Debbi!   Or two!   Oh, have you seen Edge of Darkness?   It’s riveting.   Oh, and Mat Irvine, the special effects man from classic era Dr Who crops up as an extra in episode four: blink and you miss him.


2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Prime minister
Q2) Devanagari
Q3) Mahatma Gandhi
Q4) Mahatma Gandhi
Q5) 2000
Yes. I wonder what kind of contract they have for the maintenance/repair. I remember that in my case, at some point they just told me the boiler wasn't worth repairing any more (although I had a maintenance contract). They offered a discount on the work for the installment of the new boiler, as usual. Of course, the rules for where and how it should be installed had changed in the intervening years, so they had to make a new hole outside and refill the old one... But the new one worked perfectly well all the time I was there, even though I spent long periods away. Fingers crossed and Good luck! (Oh, and make sure to have the phone ready to video the whole thing... It might actually work with the landlord...)

Debbi said...

Nice music selection! :)

1. Prime Minister
2. Devanagari
3. Mahatma Gandhi
4. Mahatma Gandhi
5. $2,000