Monday 25 November 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 25th November, 2019.

25th November, 2019.


Yes: it’s officially official.

I’ve got an interview in Billiricay, today.

In a convenience store.

I’m … 

I’m a little indecisive about it, I have to say.

The thing that’s causing the doubt?   Is simply the transport costs.

The place I’d be working is around the corner from the nearest station: and is right next to the bus stop.

That’s not the issue.

But given the nature of the shop … ?

The hours will mean early starts and late finishes.

Which means more frequent train tips, as the buses don’t finishes as late as the trains.

I think this is going to need thinking about … 

And leaves me hoping I get offered the job I was interviewed for, last week.

~≈®≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) Shelagh Fraser was born on 25th November, 1920.   In which film does she play Beru Lars?
Q2) Suriname gained its independence from the Netherlands: on 25th November, 1975.   What’s Suriname’s capital city?
Q3) 25th November, 1992 saw the Assembly of Czechoslovakia vote to split Czechoslovakia into two countries.   Name either successor state.
Q4) Which US political party was founded on 25th November, 1874?
Q5) Finally … ?   25th November, 1562, saw the birth of which Spanish writer?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 24th November, 1806, saw the birth of William Webb Ellis.  He’s credited with inventing what: hockey, rugby or rounders?
A1) Rugby.
Q2) The William Webb Ellis cup has recently been awarded to which country’s team?
Q3) He invented the game whilst at which public school?
A3) Rugby.
Q4) He invented the game after doing what with the ball?
A4) Picking it up and running with it.
Q5) Finally … ?   During his adult life, William Webb Ellis was a what: lecturer, clergyman or MP?
A5) Clergyman.
Here’s a thought …
“There is a new cold war raging and its frontline warriors are Russian hackers - gang-members working freelance for the FSB, successor to the KGB.”
From Battle Sight Zero by Gerald Seymour.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Yeah, that’s near enough why I go to a barber’s, Olga: I’ve no idea how to do it myself!   And it’s funny you should mention the hair cut machine.   I read the novel version of the first Dalek story many years ago.   In an extra scene?   Ian gets his hair done by the TARDIS’s onboard haircut tool: which sounded like a mini version of one of those robot vacuum cleaners!   Now … about question five … … … … … … 


†        I think it should be an issue, Debbi: it looks like they’re getting used to things.   Oh, did I mention I re-watched World Enough and Time and The Doctor Falls, over the weekend?   That’s powerful stuff!

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Star Wars
Q2) Paramaribo
Q3) The Czech Republic and Slovakia
Q4) The Greenback Party
Q5) Our friend Lope de Vega (I’ve always liked his writing and his fabulous plays, but I’ve grown fonder of him after watching El Ministerio…)
I have seen a few of his plays performed by classical theatre companies and they are beautiful. I'm not much of a poetry reader, but he writes beautifully and it is a joy. And he wrote so much as well! I don't think he did anything in half measures, that's for sure. I've noticed there are some English versions of Fuenteovejuna, so you might want to have a look...
Oh, I like the idea of the robot hairdresser, as you know. Good luck with the interview and I hope you get offered a job and it works well for you.

Debbi said...

I not only watched Doctor Who on Pluto TV, but I got to see a Prisoner episode! :) Talk about happy!

1. Star Wars (the original)
2. Paramaribo
3. Slovakia
4. the Greenback Party
5. Lope de Vega

Good luck with the interviews!