Sunday 20 March 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 20-3-2022: Spike Lee

20th March, 2022.


It has to be said: it’s officially Sunday.

And, me being me … ?

I’ve got Radio Four’s Sunday Service on.

Or off, to be honest.

As much as I love having the radio on at this time of day … ?

Sometimes, the silence is golden.

~≈Ÿ≈~

At any rate … ?

At any rate, I managed to catch the last episode of classic Doctor Who series, Galaxy Four, on Friday: and finished my review, last night.


Feel free to hit Like, Share and subscribe … !

~≈Ÿ≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ and putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on three.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        20th March saw the birth of director, Spike Lee.   In which year of the 1950s?

Q2)        Spike made Joe’s Bed-Stuy Barbershop: We Cut Heads as his Master’s thesis film, at film school.   Which of his class mates was the assistant director: Bruce Lee, Ang Lee or Stan Lee?

Q3)        His debut film, She’s Gotta Have It, was released when: 1985, 1986 or 1987?

Q4)        In Spike’s 1992 biopic, Malcolm X, who played Malcolm X: Denzel Washington, Wesley Snipes or Will Smith?

Q5)        Finally … ?   The National Film Registry keeps a record of US films that are ‘culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant.’   How many of Spike’s films are on that register: three, four or five?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        19th March saw the birth of actor, Bruce Willis.   In which year of the 1950s?
A1)        1955.

Q2)        He played David Addison Jr in which TV series: Moonlighting, Daylight Saving or The Day of The Triffids??
A2)        Moonlighting.

Q3)        Willis played John McClane in the Die Hard movies.   The first, Die Hard, was released in which year of the 1980s?
A3)        1988.

Q4)        Which 1999 film sees Willis playing Malcolm Crowe?
A4)        The Sixth Sense: I see dead people!!!!!!!!!!!.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Both Willis, and Joseph Gordon-Leavitt, play a character called Joe.   In which 2012 film?
A5)        Looper.
Here’s a thought … 
“What’s the difference between Hollywood characters and my characters?   Mine are real.”
Spike Lee.
And a song: from Do the Right Thing


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

The quizmaster’s decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.





*        You’re right, Olga: saying that, M. Night Shyamalan’s done some stuff since, that I keep meaning to catch up with.
        That sounds like one hell of a paper chase you were caught up in: I hope mine isn’t as bad.   Saying that … ?   An old friend’s been in touch about the situation: literally minutes ago.   Complete one of the forms you’re supposed to fill in.   War of attrition is the right phrase!
        It sounds like the whole of Europe’s having price issues!   The situation with lorries and produce sounds very familiar … !   We’ve has the same discussion about lowering fuel duty, here.   I keep thinking that — if Boris and company reduce the duties — fuel companies won’t lower prices.   They’d keep the price where it is, and get more profits.
        I’ve got to confess, I got hold of Architecture and Morality on cassette, originally.   That, and a Walkman, were a lot more portable than records!    Actually, I had cassettes of From A to B, and Hello Dad, I’m In Jail, as well.   Having an iPod was an improvement: you could skip tracks in stead of fast forwarding half the LP … !   (I had a vinyl copy of The Age Of Plastic: which was scratched to billy-o!)


        Hello, Mum!

        Yes, I got it, Debbi!   I’ve managed to leave a comment: which I couldn’t do when I got your newsletter.   It wouldn’t let me sign in, for some reason!   Oh, I’ve tweeted the most recent Galaxy Four review past you and the Dr Who gang on Twitter.
        Oh, and the New Musik LP I mentioned to Olga?   The lead singer was a bit of a Prisoner fan … … 

4 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1957

Q2) Ang Lee

Q3) 1986

Q4) Denzel Washington

Q5) Four
Yes, you're right about the taxes. They are hoping they are going to change the way the prices are fixed, because it seems quite counterintuitive. One of my uncles worked as an engineer for an electrical company (always at hydroelectric dams), and he was explaining how the offer of electricity and the price fixing worked, and it seems that the cheaper options only come up when everything else (the more expensive ones) are gone, rather than making use of the cheaper and greener options first to fix the price.
(My uncle and his family had quite a sweet deal, because they gave them housing, as they had to live near the dam, of course, and they had all the electricity free either, and at a highly discounted rate if they had a second home or a holiday home. That is no longer the case now, but they were the only ones I knew who had all their kitchen appliances running on electricity, at the time). As I said, that changed years back, but they had a nice lifestyle for quite a while, and my aunt never worked outside of the house (and only had one daughter). On the other hand, now they spend a lot of time (and money) looking after their grandchildren (two, although the older one is now in university already, but that is very expensive...)
Enjoy the day.

Olga said...

Oh, and good luck again with the paperwork! There is always some other form or something you could have filled in but nobody told you about...

Freda said...

1 1957
2 Stan Lee
3 1986
4 Denzel Wasington
5 Four

Debbi said...

I just finished the book last night. Wow, does Doctor Who reinvent itself over and over or what?

Just amazing.

1. 1957
2. Ang Lee
3. 1986
4. Denzel Washington
5. four

Spike Lee is amazing!

Thanks for tweeting my review! More to come!