Friday 12 May 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 12-5-2023 — Burt.

12th May, 2023: Burt.


It’s officially official: I’ve had an over night earworm.

A song playing through my head, in others words.

I even know why.

I was editing a video, last night: and included a sneaky snap shot of the video of ‘Going Down to Liverpool’ in it.

As I’d used the word, ‘Liverpool.’

The net result?

I’ve had the thing earworming its way through my head, all night.


The only way to — possibly — combat that … ?

Is with a song or two from this year’s Eurovision.

This year’s Finnish entry … is even more over the top than Lordi!



~≈🎸≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga scoring five out of five, and Mum and Debbi on four.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        Singer-songwriter, Burt Bacharach was born on 12th May.   Of which year of the 1920s?

Q2)        He co-wrote many songs for whom: Dionne Warwick, Janis Joplin or Captain Beefheart?

Q3)        He co-wrote many songs with which lyricist: Tim Rice, Hal David or Bernie Taupin?

Q4)        Bacharach produced at least two songs on What You See Is What You Sweat.   What You See Is What You Sweat was the thirty-third studio album by whom: Dionne Warwick, Metallica or Aretha Franklin?

Q5)        Finally … ?   He was an arranger and conducted for which German singer?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        11th May saw the killing of Spencer Perceval.   In which year: 1811, 1812 or 1813?
A1)        1812.

Q2)        To date?   Perceval is the only British what to be assassinated: Prime Minister, Foreign Secretary or Chancellor? or 
A2)        Prime Minister.

Q3)        Perceval held that post in the government of where: Great Britain, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland or the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?

Q4)        Perceval was shot in the Lobby of where: Buckingham Palace, the House of Commons or the House of Lords?
A4)        House of Commons.

Q5)        Perceval was killed by John Bellingham.   Bellingham was from where: Belfast, Manchester or Liverpool?
A5)        Liverpool.
Here’s a thought … 
“I knew I was doing things different but at the same time I was doing things that were very natural for me … I wasn’t trying to break any rules.   But I wrote the way I heard things.”
Burt Bacharach.
And some music …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.






*        Hello, Mum!   (It was the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, Mum, rather than just Great Britain.)

        Very true, Olga: although quite what happened to my teaser playlist, I don’t know!   And quite what’s happening with Debbi’s Mac, I don’t know.   It’s worrying for her, as they usually last a long time.   (My old 2007 MacPro is still going, and still useful.)
        Oh, have you heard the Spanish entry for Eurovision, this year?   That’s very impressive.   I THINK she does her own costumes, as well.   The one I’ve seen her in, is a bit more restrained than Chanel’s!   (The song sounds like it’s got a few North African influences.)

‡        Actually, Debbi … ?   The correct answer was ‘the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland’.   It only became ‘the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland’, once what’s now the Republic of Ireland left, in the 1920s.
        I hate to ask … but are you getting a ticking, clicking noise from inside?   Or some sort of repeated noise?   If you are, that’s the hard drive dying: which will need work!   (I had it happen on my MacPro tower: the drive, thankfully, was easy to replace.)
        Sorry to hear about the shoulder: I can only hope it’s treatable!

3 comments:

Freda said...

1 1928
2 Dionne Warwick
3 Hal David
4 Aretha Franklin
5 Marlene Dietrich

Olga said...

Q1) 1928

Q2) Dionne Warwick

Q3) Hal David

Q4) Aretha Franklin

Q5) Marlene Dietrich
I hope things get sorted for Debbi and whatever is wrong with her shoulder improves as well. I am not a fan of Eurovision and tend to avoid it like the plague, to tell you the truth, although people seem to like Blanca Paloma. It is flamenco (a buleria), so yes, the typical type of songs from the South of Spain (although she is not from Andalucia). I don't mind the music and the dancing, but I must say the songs... Not my favorite, although very popular. I've read that she studied fine arts and worked as a clothes designer for some theatre productions as well, so... It would be difficult to be more extreme than Chanel, but I am sure some would manage...

Debbi said...

Yeah, it was making clicking noises. It died with its boots on, so to speak. :)

1. 1928
2. Dionne Warwick
3. Hal David
4. Aretha Franklin
5. Marlene Dietrich

Fortunately, I've been able to recover a lot from my off-site backup.

One way or the other, I'll recover all my data.