Monday 15 May 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 15th May 2023.

15th May, 2023.


Right … I’m officially up early.

As … ?   I’ve got a weight management meeting, again: in Brentwood High Street.

Hopefully?

I’ll’ve shaved some weight off.

~≈¥≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Mum scoring five out of five, and Olga and Debbi on four.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        15th May is the Roman Catholic feast day of Peter, Andrew, Paul and whom: Delicia, Denise or Deborah?

Q2)        According to the United Nations?   According to the United Nations, 15th May is the International Day of what: families, friends or fundamentalists?

Q3)        Nakba Day is marked on 15th May.   By whom: the Roma, Palestinian or LGBTQI+ communities?

Q4)        15th May, 1934, saw a coup take place: led by the Prime Minister.   The Prime Minister of where: Latvia, Lithuania or Estonia?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Which US city was founded on 15th May, 1905: New York, Chicago or Las Vegas?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        Israel declared itself independent on 14th May.   Of which year of the 1940s?
A1)        1948.

Q2)        Independence was declared by David Ben-Gurion.   He later served as Israel’s first what: President, King or Prime Minister?
A2)        Prime Minister.

Q3)        Israel has an official language, and a recognised language.   What’s Israel’s one official language: Hebrew, Yiddish or English?
A3)        Hebrew.

Q4)        Israel has an official language, and a recognised language.   What’s Israel’s one recognised language: Hebrew, Arabic or Aramaic?
A4)        Arabic.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Israel’s west coast is on which sea?
A5)        The Mediterranean Sea.
Here’s a thought … 
“It’s a bloody sight harder to entertain than to bore.”
Anthony Shaffer, 15 May 1926 – 6 November 2001.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        As I recall, Olga?   The formatting options in Windows are much like the ones in macOS.   The quicker ones aren’t necessary secure, and the secure ones are very secure: but slow!
        Oh, right … You cousin sounds VAGUELY familiar.   I’ve a relative who’s the same: mention filming something to him, and you get his attention.   I can’t think who that is!
        Oh, blimey!   The little girl on top — in the Instagram video — looked nervous … but it sounds like they had a high old time!   (It’s nice to hear Sitges get a mention … !)

        Hello, Mum!

        Breaking a split at night?   Oy!   I’d imagine sleeping’s is the dangerous time, Debbi: it always seems to the the way.   I can only imagine — and be sympathetic to — what you’ve been going through, all these years.
        Oh, I don’t know if it’s any help … but … ?   I’ve got two external drives: one for storage, and one as Time Machine back up.   I’ve moved my media, picture and iMovie libraries to the storage§ drive, and wiped them from my main drive.   I don’t know if that’s something that would be useful to you.
        
§        Both the main drive, and storage drive, get backed up to my Time Machine.

4 comments:

trev-v said...

At breakfast time tomorrow I shall be LXXV years old. I was born early on a hot Whit-Sunday morning in my Grandmother's house back in 1948. The NHS was born a while after me as was King Charles III.

Olga said...

Q1) Denise

Q2) families

Q3) Palestinian communities

Q4) Latvia

Q5) Las Vegas
It seems we have a big birthday coming up for Trevor, so happy birthday to him, just in case. (It's a busy day tomorrow, as I have class with Jordi in the morning and have to go to the radio station to edit the item about els castells in the afternoon).
The anxeneta (the little boy or girl on top of the castell) has to get to the top and raise the arm before it is considered completed. In the past, they didn't wear helmets, but there had been some accidents and they decided to go with that (a wise move, if you ask me, although the woman I talked to, who is also a volunteer at the radio station, told me that some of the oldest and most traditional "collas" resisted before adopting the helmet, calling them cowards. They also weren't quick at letting women in, but, the fact is that the castles have got higher and more complex with women in the collas, because, of course, in general terms they weigh less than men, and that means it is possible to pile up more people without buckling under the weight. It seems that the little girls are also more mature and better able to assess the risk of climbing up and how steady the structure is, so, these days a lot of the anxenetes are girls.
It was funny, because I was trying to decide where to place myself to take the pictures, and one of the anxenetes posed for me and gave me her "permission" to take a picture. I imagine she must have been 5 or 6 years old, but she already knew her own mind!

Freda said...

1 Delicia
2 Families
3 Palelistian
4 Latvia
5 Las Vegas

Debbi said...

Having an extra external hard drive would be great. However, I also really need to delete some old files that are just taking up room.

1. Denise
2. families
3. the Palestinian community
4. Latvia
5. Las Vegas

Just lifting my arm is painful now. Plus I can barely manage to hit the keys on my keyboard.

It's a miracle I can write an intelligible sentence.

Whew! Done. :)

Trevor may be older than me, but I'm starting to feel his age. :)