Friday 12 April 2024

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 12th April, 2024.

12th April, 2024.


Right … Friday … … … 

And … ?

I hate tins!

I had a pie I got from a local food bank, a few days ago: and seriously fancied it for dinner, last night.

Could I get the lid of the tin off?

Could I heck!

I hate right-handed tin openers!

~≈🥫≈~

Oh … and I officially have to head to town, today.

I have a screw, loose.

In the right arm of my glasses: and, as such?

It’s going to need tightening!

Yes: I know what the adverts say.

“You should’ve gone to Specsavers.”


Except, of course, I did!

~≈🧑🏻‍🏫≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.

The day saw Trevor leaving us a message.


 Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        12th April is Halifax Day.   Where: North Carolina, South Carolina, West Virginia or Nova Scotia?

Q2)        12th April is the feast day of Saint Teresa of the Andes.   The Andes mountain range is where: North America, South America or Africa?

Q3)        Hal R. Smith died: on 12th April, 2014.   He played what: basketball, baseball or American football?

Q4)        12th April is the UN sponsored International what: Jazz Day, Day of Human Space Flight or Mother Earth Day?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Saoirse Ronan was born on 12th April, 1994.   She played Lady Bird McPherson in which 2017 film?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        William 3rd and Mary 2nd were crowned as joint monarchs.   On 11th April of which year: 1685, 1687 or 1689?
A1)        1689.

Q2)        The pair were joint monarchs of England, Scotland and where?
A2)        Ireland.   (England and Scotland only became Great Britain in 1707.   The country became Great Britain and Ireland in 1801.)

Q3)        William 3rd was also known as William of where: Blue, Yellow or Orange?
A3)        Orange.

Q4)        William could claim the thrones as he was a grandson of whom: Charles 1st, Charles 2nd or Charles 3rd?
A4)        Charles 1st.

Q5)        Finally … ? Mary could claim the thrones as she was’s whose heir: James 1st and 6th, James 2nd and 7th or Charles 3rd?
A5)        James 2nd and 7th.
Here’s a thought … 
“Anybody who knows how to make a good movie, knows that it’s a collaborative undertaking.   To deny that is really dangerous.”
Claire Danes, born April 12, 1979.
And a song …


And an earworm … 


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        I’ve had a look at the website as well, Olga.   They’re doing Prime keyrings, just like the UK!   I’m missing a trick, here!
        Oh, that they do.   Mind you, him And Bobby the Cat are getting a following on YouTube.   I’m going to have to ask Jude about monetising those channels: carrots and catnip are pricey!

        Hello, Mum!

        Those are en-route, Debbi!
        Is JUST the occupational therapy, wise, Debbi?   Saying that, I know the botox injections can be nasty!
        Yes: I knew about William and Mary College.   It’s named for the pair, from what I know.   I get the impression it’s very swish … !

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) North Carolina

Q2) South America

Q3) baseball

Q4) Day of Human Space Flight

Q5) Lady Bird
Yes, monetising the pets channel sounds good. The test I mentioned is a Holter, a 21 hour heart ECG. I think I might have told you that I went for a cardiac check-up as part of an study they were doing on women's cardiac health, and during the effort test there were some extra beats. It is pretty common, but they recommended I get a 24 hour trace to make sure it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. So, today I have to go back, and then I'll go to the doctor in a couple of weeks to see what they say.

Mum said...

1 Nova Scotia
2 Sth America
3 Baseball
4 Human Space Flight
5 Lady Bird

Debbi said...

Oh, it is quite swish. And posh. Which is why my friend transferred from there to University of Maryland. Less posh, less expensive, etc., etc.

1. North Carolina
2. South America
3. baseball
4. Day of Human Space Flight
5. Lady Bird

Actually, the doctors offered not doing the shots as an option with plans to reevaluate in 2 months. I can manage. You'd be surprised how far I've come with the therapy.

I feel the difference without the shots. It's tough. But I'm interested to see how it goes.

I already feel like a walking science experiment. :)