Monday 15 April 2024

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 15-4-2024 — Leonardo’s Bones.

15th April, 2024: Leonardo’s Bones.


Right … it’s now Monday!

Which means — obviously — I’m up early: as I’m off to my weight management meeting, today.

Hopefully?

And after gaining for the past few weeks?

I’ll’ve lost weight for once!

~≈Ω≈~

Every-so-often?

I’ll watch videos on Youtube: WhoCulture and TrekCulture are favourites: as is Tom Harries/Tharries.

Occasionally?

I’ll watch technology channels: there’s a few on YouTube.

I keep an eye on some of the Mac themed ones, obviously.

One of those is a channel called iJustine: run by a vlogger called Justine Ezarik.

Both her, Marques Brownlee and the LMG-produced Mac Address, hosted by Jonathan Horst*, are quite respected.

At any rate … ?

I managed to catch Justine’s review to the base model M2 Mac mini, yesterday: the same model sitting not far from where I am now sitting.

Here’s the review: 


If I’ve understood Justine correctly?

The model she bought, the one sitting next to me, is capable of editing 8k video.

Given the right software: in her review, Justine uses Apple’s own Final Cut Pro.

I’m mildly impressed.

I did not expect the baseline mini to be that capable!

~≈🖥️≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum†, Debbi‡ and Olga§ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on three.


 Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        Leonardo da Vinci was born on 15th April.   Of which year of the 1450s?

Q2)        He was born in which Italian state: the Papal States, Kingdom of Naples of the Republic of Florence?

Q3)        Leonardo spent time working for Ludovico Sforza.   Ludovico was Duke of where: Milan, Florence or Sicily?

Q4)        The Lady with an Ermine is by Leonardo.   The lady is supposed to be Ludovico Sforza’s what: daughter, mistress or wife?

Q5)        Leonardo’s The Adoration of the Magi is one of his early, unfinished, works.   The Magi are better known as the Three Wise what: men, midgets or magicians?

Q6)        Leonardo’s The Last Supper is on the wall of a church in Milan.   It’s a what: painting, statue or mural?

Q7)        In 1502, da Vinci worked for a cardinal called Cesare … what: Borgia, Bambino or Berlusconi?

Q8)        Many years earlier, Leonardo drew what’s known as an “aerial screw”.   Many feel it’s an early what: jet plane, hang glider or helicopter?

Q9)        A library in Turin has a manuscript by Leonardo.   A manuscript called the Codex on the Flight of what?

Q10)        Finally … ?   Lisa del Giacondo was the model for Leonardo’s best known painting, the Mona Lisa.   The Mona Lisa is in a museum, where: New York, London, Paris or Munich?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        14th April is World what Day: World Neutron Day, World Quantum Day or World Astrophysics Day?
A1)        World Quantum Day.   (I’ll do a quantum set, one day …)

Q2)        According to the United Nations, 14th April is World Chagas Disease Day.   Chagas Disease is commonly spread by what: kissing bugs, dragon flies or ladybirds?
A2)        Kissing bugs.

Q3)        14th April is Dhivehi Language Day.   The language is spoken, where: Sri Lanka, North Sentinel Island or the Maldives?
A3)        The Maldives.

Q4)        14th April, 1912, saw a famous ship hit an iceberg.   Which ship: the RMS Olympic, the RMS Titanic or the HMHS Britanic?
A4)        The RMS Titanic.

Q5)        Finally … ?   14th April, 2023, saw the European Space Agency launch its JUICE mission.   The mission’s heading for the moons of which planet: Jupiter, Saturn or Neptune?
A5)        Jupiter: JUICE is short for Jupiter Icy Moons Explorer. Apparently …
Here’s a thought …
“Let no man who is not a Mathematician read the elements of my work.”
Leonardo da Vinci.
And a song¶ …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Jonathon Horst reminds me, vaguely, of snooker player Steve Davies.   It’s not the red hair: it’s the fact both seem — to me — like rather chatty academics.

        Hello, Mum!

‡        Hang on, hang on … you’ve not seen Fawlty Towers, or Torchwood, Debbi?   What HAVE you been doing!?   At any rate?   I can do something about one of those.   The other … is going to have to wait for a USB stick, and a stamp!



§        Yeah, I saw your Twitter posts, Olga: thirty kilometres?   Dear lord, that’s eighteen miles!   I hope your legs are OK!!!!
        Yep: the appointment’s booked: it’s in early June, which gives them time to get the test results.

        I was going to post an earworm … but how do you follow Nat King Cole?

4 comments:

Nik Nak said...

Oh, Debbi, let me know what gets through! WeTransfer’s having issues!

Olga said...

Q1) 1452

Q2) the Republic of Florence

Q3) Milan

Q4) mistress

Q5) Men

Q6) A mural

Q7) Borgia (A fascinating family).

Q8) helicopter

Q9) Birds

Q10) Paris (Have you seen it? It’s tiny and it’s always so full of people you can hardly see it...) The Birth of Venus by Botticelli, on the contrary, is huge... Beautiful and impressive. Oh, well...
I'm not too bad today, although one of my toes isn't terribly happy (I think I might end up losing that toenail, but...). I don't remember having knocked it on, but it may have been a problem with the shoe. One of the problems was that it is quite hot for the time of the year and it was very sunny, so the last part of the walk was a bit too hot and that made it more tiring. And, we went through pretty busy areas of Barcelona in the middle part of the walk, and that was also tiring and slowed us down (not that I was very fast. Just under 6 hours).
I hope your appointment goes well today. I've also changed my appointment to give enough time for the report to come through, so now it will be early in May.

Mum said...

1 1452
2 Republic of Florence
3 Florence
4 Mistress
5 Men
6 Mural
7 Borgio
8 Helicopter
9 Mind
10 Paris

Debbi said...

Yeah, no problems, as far as I know. :)

1. 1452
2. the Republic of Florence
3. Milan
4. mistress
5. men
6. painting
7. Borgia
8. helicopter
9. Birds
10. Paris

Along with my OT today, my hand's getting quite a workout! :)