Wednesday 3 April 2024

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 3-4-2024 — Marlon Brando

3rd April, 2024: Marlon Brando.


It’s Wednesday … and … ?

Frankly, I’m not planning to make a song and dance out of it.


Sorry, I couldn’t resist that … !

At any rate: it’s Wednesday.

Which means?
  • I’ve turned in some paperwork for help from a fund run by Brentwood Council.
  • I’ve filled in a form for help from Southern Council.
  • And changed the details of my rent on a third form.
Gosh … I’ve been busy … 

~≈📑≈~

Oh … 

One thing I’ve noticed, this morning … ?

Is that there’s a new, Russian produced, film version of Orwell’s 1984.

I don’t know if I can get hold of a copy.

But it might be an interesting watch … 

~≈🎦≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.

The day also saw Trevor§ leaving us a message.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        Marlon Brando was born on 3rd April, 1924.   In which US state?

Q2)        He played Vito Corleone.   In which 1972 film: Cabaret, The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie or The Godfather?

Q3)        How many Best Actor Oscars did Marlon win: two, four or six?

Q4)        Marlon played Superman’s father in the 1978 film, Superman.   Who played Superman in Superman?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Brando was an active what: radio ham, jockey or gymnast?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        2nd April saw the birth of writer, Hans Christian Andersen.   In which year of the 1800s?
A1)        1805.

Q2)        Where: Denmark, Sweden or Germany?
A2)        Denmark: although it was in union with Norway, at the time.
Q3)        Andersen wrote what: westerns, fairy tales or science fiction?
A3)        Fairy tales.

Q4)        In Andersen’s “The Steadfast Tin Soldier”, the soldier only has one … what?
A4)        One leg.   (The soldier only has one leg: as there wasn’t enough tin to finish him off.)

Q5)        Finally … ?   Which of Dickens’ characters is though to be modelled on Andersen: Fagin, Uriah Heep or Seth Pecksniff?
A5)        Uriah Heep.
Here’s a thought …
“Regret is useless in life.   It’s in the past.   All we have is now.”
Marlon Brando.
A video …


And a song that parodies Brando … 


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!

        It was definitely the leg, Olga.   I think we saw a version at infants school: put on by children from the year about us.   But you’re right: it’s been a while!

        Sounds like a sensible move, Debbi!   I’ve had a few managers like that, too!   But isn’t Petaluma an alien planet?
        Oh … they’ve updated Pages: you can now highlight non-contiguous words and phrases.   I’ll find a use for that, one day!


§        Any chance of re-posting that link, Trevor?   I got an error … 

4 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Nebraska

Q2) The Godfather

Q3) two

Q4) Christopher Reeve

Q5) radio ham
Did you get my PDF? I wasn't sure if you still used the same e-mail address I had. If you didn't get it, send me your e-mail address on a message in Twitter (although I didn't receive an error message, so it must have gone somewhere...)

trev-v said...

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPo2y0b2YcVEZMMyFrcapajYvtE931g8K-AZpun

another go. I have tried it and it works.

Mum said...

1 Nebraska
2 The Godfather
3 2
4 Christopher Reeve
5 Radio ham

Debbi said...

No, it only sounds like one. :)

Although some will tell you that California is full of alien life. :)

1. Nebraska
2. The Godfather
3. two
4. Christopher Reeve
5. radio ham

I used to know Morse Code. Learned it when I lived with cousin in Merced who was into ham radio.