Oh, now that’s something to hear … !
I’ve been following the news about the Raspberry Pi, the credit card sized computer, for a while.
And have to admit, it seems to be doing rather well.
Or, at least, grabbing people’s attention.
But after the initial production hiccups … ?
It seems to be getting some good responses: at least from this reporter …
Hmmm …
Has anyone got a spare £25? I wouldn’t mind trying that out …
Let’s move on, shall we … ?
Before I embarrass myself, with a blatant appeal for cash … !
‹‹·››
Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi putting in her answers: and along with admitting Lawrence Block’s sheer prolificness*, and admitting she’s off for a couple of daysº, also scoring 6 out of 6.
Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we? Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video …
Q1) 27th April, 1981, saw Xerox PARC introduce the computer mouse: what does PARC stand for … ?
Q2) 27th April, 1791, saw the birth of painter — and telegraphy contributor — Samuel Morse: in which year did he make the first public demonstration of his version of the telegraph … ?
Q3) 27th April, 1992, saw Betty Boothroyd named as the first female speaker of the House of Commons: in which year did she finally retire from the position … ?
Q4) More to the point what constituency did she represent … ?
Q5) 27th April, 1909, saw Sultan Abdul Hamid 2nd, overthrown: where was he Sultan of …?
Q6) And finally … 27th April, 1927, saw the formation of which South American country’s national police force … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 26th April, 1984, saw President Ronald Reagan start a state visit to where … ?A1) China.
Q2) 26th April, 1966, saw which Uzbek city destroyed by an earthquake?A2) Tashkent.
Q3) 26th April, 121AD saw the birth of Emperor Marcus Aurelius: in which Ridley Scott film is Marcus Aurelius played by Richard Harris?A3) Gladiator.
Q4) More to the point, Marcus Aurelius was a follower of which philosophy … ?A4) Stoicism.
Q5) 26th April, 1933, saw the establishment of Nazi Germany’s notorious Gestapo: what phrase was Gestapo a contraction of … ?A5) Geheime Staatspolizei.
Q6) And finally … 26th April, 1923, saw Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon marry whom … ?A6) The Duke of York: also known, of course, as George 6th. (Of The King’s Speech fame.)
Enjoy those, everyone.
As it’s Sheena Easton’s birthday … ? I’ll leave you with a tune from her …
* I’ve got to admit, Debbi, that’s what I CALL blue-collar … !
º Ahhh … I don’t know if it’ll be any help, Debbi, but take a non-slip bath mat! I’d HATE to lose my audience in one go … !

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.