Wednesday 5 October 2016

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 5-10-2016: Meet The Beatles … AGAIN!

BLAST!

I forgot to put my alarm on!

I hate not putting my alarm on!

It throws my whole day out.

Right at the mo?

I’m glad I’ve not started work, yet: that could’ve gone all over the place!


~≈†≈~
Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: scoring five out of five in the process.   The day ALSO saw Olga† letting us know how her travelling is going.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s Beatles themed questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1) 5th October saw The Beatles first successful single, released in the UK.   What was the a-side: My Bonnie, Love Me Do or Please Please Me?
Q2) What was the song … on the b-side: The Saints, PS I Love You or Ask Me Why?
Q3) Who played the drums on this version of the a-side?
Q4) Who played the harmonica?
Q5) Name either one of the credited song-writers.   (We just want one of them.)
Q6) What was the highest UK chart position the song reached, during its original release?
Q7) The song was a Number 1 hit in the USA: when it was released in which year of the 1960s?
Q8) The UK version of the song was on which label: Decca, Virgin or Parlophone?
Q9) Who produced the song?
Q10) Finally … the song was released in the UK on 5th October … of which year?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) Mexico adopted a new constitution: on 4th October, 1824.   As a result, Mexico became a what: monarchy, republic or theocracy?
A1) A republic.
Q2) The first meeting of the Boys Brigade took place: on 4th October, 1883.   In which UK city?
A2) Glasgow.
Q3) 4th October, 1883 saw the start of a noted international rail service: on its original, full route.   What WAS the rail service?
A3) The Orient Express.   (Apparently?   The Buffet car was murder.)
Q4) British Rail introduced its high speed train: on 4th October, 1976.   The train was known as the Intercity … what?
A4) The Intercity 125.   
Q5) Finally … the Free Software Foundation was founded: on 4th October, 1985.   The Foundation’s headquartered in which US state?
A5) Massachusetts.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, ‘The Beatles did’”
Kurt Vonnegut, speaking in 1997.
And, as it’s from the same LP as that first single?   This tune …


Enjoy your day!







*        Persistence is always the thing, Debbi!   (I’m going to need to be with the gaining they’ve sent!   It’s … well it looks intimidating!)

†        Cheers Olga!   I’ve had the training schedule, through, I know that much … Phew!   (Have you looked in your local CeX?   They might be able to help.)

2 comments:

Olga said...

I've ordered a new one, as I have a combination keyboard and mouse wireless that are synchronised to the same USB port (otherwise I'd need to use too many and the same mouse is around £36 by itself. The keyboard works fine but the letters are disappearing (I've thought I'll leave in in Barcelona so I don't need to travel with it too and once I give my mother my other notebook she might be able to use it if she feels up to it...).
It all sounds good.
Q1) Love Me Do
Q2) PS I Love You
Q3) Ringo Starr
Q4) John Lennon
Q5) Paul McCartney
Q6) 17
Q7) 1964
Q8) Parlophone
Q9) George Martin
Q10) 1962

Debbi said...

Gaining or training? :) Just wondering.

I seem to be making all sorts of connections with the UK on Twitter these days. I'll let you know more later! Interesting stuff with indie filmmakers! :)

1. Love Me Do
2. PS I Love You
3. Ringo Starr
4. John Lennon
5. Paul McCartney
6. No. 17
7. 1964
8. Parlophone
9. George Martin (of course!)
10. 1962

Fascinating trivia about this song!