Saturday 8 September 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 8th September, 2018.

8th September, 2018.


Yes, it’s damn early: I am, after all, heading into work for ten.

And, yes: that’s a hijacked road runner at the end of that video.


Blame it on the hour.

~≈§≈~

At any rate … ?

I have to admit, I’m … feeling mildly impatient.


You’re very aware I’m an ageing Dr Who fan, aren’t you … ?

And frankly?

I’m one that’s getting impatient.

The series eleven opening episode is just under a month away: I’m looking forward to it …

And tapping my feet.

What CAN I tell you?

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1) 8th September, 1943, saw which Axis power surrender?
Q2) More to the point, which American President announced the surrender?
Q3) The Man Trap aired on 8th September, 1966.   It marks the debut of which science fiction series?
Q4) Sergeant Leonard P. Matlovich appeared on the cover of a magazine, dated September 8, 1975: along side the headline, “I Am A Homosexual.”   Which magazine?
Q5) Finally … ?   Yellowstone National Park closed, temporarily: on 8th September, 1988.   Because of what: funding shortages, an oil strike or wildfires?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1) Actor, Toby Jones, was born on 7th September, 1966.   In which 2012 film does he play Gilderoy?
A1) Berberian Sound Studio.
Q2) 7th September, 70 AD, saw a Roman army occupy which Middle Eastern city?
A2) Jerusalem.
Q3) Ninety-two people were killed at an African National Congress rally: on 7th September, 1992.   In which country … ?
A3) South Africa.
Q4) Nikita Khrushchev was named as leader of the USSR’s Communist Party: on 7th September, 1953.   What was his title: General Secretary, First Secretary or Cabinet Secretary?
A4) First Secretary.
Q5) Finally … 7th September, 2012, saw Canada cut diplomatic ties with which country?
A5) Iran‡.
Here’s a thought …
“About this whole judgment there is the spirit of vengeance, and vengeance is seldom justice.”
Robert Alphonso Taft Sr. September 8, 1889 – July 31, 1953.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Sounds like some of the trains could do with a boost, Olga: although I hope the refunds are easy to navigate.   The UK’s Delay Repay system is notoriously bad.   And I know what you mean about frequency.   I used Syon Lane, one, when I was travelling to Hounslow: picking up a hard drive for an old Mac^.   I swear, the only thing it needed was tumbleweeds.


†        I keep think I should maybe switch, Debbi.   Mind you … I’ve been one Blogger for a while.   To the point Nik Nak’s Old Peculiar has its tenth birthday at the end of the month.   Transferring that lot would be a bit of a … you know … bother.

‡        OK, I’ve now got an ear worm …



^        A twenty gigabyte internal IDE drive to use as a second boot drive for an old PowerMac G4.   So you know … 

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Italy
Q2) Dwight D. Eisenhower
Q3) Star Trek
Q4) Time Magazine
Q5) wildfires
I hope you can cope with the wait. Here they have a way of advertising some upcoming series for ages just saying 'coming soon'. As I'm not a big TV watcher that means that sometimes I completely miss the series in the end and only realise when I haven't seen the advertisement for a few weeks.
I hope the day at work is not too bad. Take care.

Debbi said...

Yes, I can imagine. About the bother, that is. :)

1. Italy
2. Eisenhower
3. Star Trek
4. Time
5. wildfires