Tuesday 15 October 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 15th October, 2019.

15th October, 2019.


Right … 

Did I mention I have a YouTube channel?

I’ve got a YouTube channel.


You might have noticed.

I’m now officially the owner of a YouTube channel that’s got more than 1000 subscribers.

I’ve got a subscriber base.

Amazingly!

With the watch hours I’ve got?

That means I’m eligible for YouTube’s Partner Programme.

The programme, in other words, that lets you make money from the ads that are placed on your videos.

I think I’ve managed to successfully sign up for the thing, and it’s getting reviewed.

Unfortunately?

Google — YouTube’s owners — have a payment threshold of £60: they only pay out once you’ve earned that much.

I’ve earned £19·46p

Hmmm …

Would you mind hitting an ad, if you’re watching my channel … ?

~≈†≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, Olga†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga Debbi scoring five out of five, and Anne on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 15th October is the Feast day of Saint Teresa of Ávila.   Ávila is in which country?
Q2) In the US, 15th October is a day marking those of us with visual impairments.   In other words, it’s what day?
Q3) 15th October, 2018, saw the death of Paul Allen: co-founder of which technology company?
Q4) The leader of the USSR stepped down: on 15th October, 1964.   Who was that leader?
Q5) Alfred Dreyfus was arrested for spying: on 15th October, 1894.   He was accused of spying on France: for which country?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 14th October, 1944, saw the birth of actor, Udo Kier.   He plays Dragonetti in which film?
A1) Blade.
Q2) 14th October, 1969, saw the introduction of the new 50p piece.   Who much was it worth: in pre-decimal money?
Q3) Cecil Parkinson resigned his government post: on 14th October, 1983.   Which government position did he hold?
A3) Trade and Industry Secretary.
Q4) Which city’s Metro system went into operation: on 14th October, 1966?
A4) Montreal’s.
Q5) Finally?   14th October, 1982, saw President Ronald Reagan declare a War on … what?
A5) Drugs.
Here’s a thought …
“I am utterly amazed, utterly enchanted! I have a precursor, and what a precursor!”
Friedrich Nietzsche, 15 October 1844 – 25 August 1900.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        That’s always a good idea, Anne, I think.   They tell us the same thing at AA meetings!   Oh, I’ve finished the book I was reading: The Hellbound Heart’s next … (Oh, I’ve written Halloween’s Teaser … )

†        Everything OK, Olga?   I saw the tweet … !   (Oh, I’ve a couple of slightly Spanish Teasers coming up.)


‡        It does take a while, doesn’t it, Debbi?   I think the odd sneaky film clip helped: along side posting once a day for the past decade … 

4 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

spain,White Cane day (symbol of blindness and tool of independence), Microsoft,Nikita Khrushchev,Germany
Really pleased you getting the Partnership. Getting ad-sense on YouTube is far better than on a website. I will try make point clicking on a add everyday

Olga said...

Q1) Spain
Q2) White Cane Safety Day
Q3) Microsoft
Q4) Nikita Khrushchev
Q5) Alfred Dreyfus was arrested for spying: on 15th October, 1894. He was accused of spying on France: for which country? Germany (a terrible affair. I did watch a movie that was set in Devil Island’s prison, if I’m not wrong, and it was hell on Earth).
I am fine, just a bit of a day, not only news but also one of my collaborators, an editor I work with who was supposed to be proofreading the book I’m translating now, that due to family problems has given up on editing. I’ll have to try to find somebody else, but it can be tough until you get used to working with somebody, and her prices were reasonable. (With my way of working, whatever the proofreader charges comes out of the money I make for the translation, so if I have to go with somebody who is much more expensive, I’ll end up getting hardly anything for my troubles… as is already the case). I’ve got in touch with the first editor I worked with, but her turnaround was getting very slow (once she took over 6 months, that I didn’t mind for my own books, but it’s not acceptable if you’re working with somebody else). I’ll wait and see what she says, but I have some other options in mind.
By the way, I couldn’t find any ads to click but perhaps it’s me. I did turn off my ad blocker (it drives one mad otherwise), but it didn’t locate any ads on your page either when I turned it on again. I remember when Amazon only paid if you got to $100. Let me tell you that never happened. Now they pay anything, and in my case it tends to be pennies (or cents, now), and of course, there are tax deductions too… (Not if you live in the UK though, at least so far).
I tried affiliate marketing, but I never got to even $10 that was the minimum, although it depends on how popular your blog is and the type of things you promote (books don’t make much money, but I don’t think I reached even 10 cents in a year). Trying that was part of the reason why I changed my blog, because it didn’t support commercial use, although now the free version includes their own ads, but, of course, they have to make a living…. Good luck!

Debbi said...

Yes, frequency can help. :) I've always found your blog makes me feel like I'm there with you. Virtually, at any rate. :) I think that helps. Along with your conversational style, which as you know I'm into myself. :)

1. Spain
2. White Cane Safety Day (and it's the first I've ever heard of it :))
3. Microsoft
4. Khrushchev
5. Germany

Debbi said...

BTW, nothing but codes where the usual music video should be.