Wednesday 9 October 2019

Mr Robot — Series 4: Episodes 1 — 401 Unauthorized

8th October, 2019.


Yes: it’s officially official.

I’ve lost my job.



After, I’m told, not completing my probationary period, successfully.



There’s a few reasons: mostly to do with me.

My gob will get me into trouble, sometimes.



About the only things in my favour?

That at least one customer, today, said it’s nice to have someone friendly on the till.

And that the manager told me I was one of the best up-sellers she’d seen.

All that … ?



And it took the area manager to give me the heave-ho: rather than the store manager, herself.

Ho … hum … !

At any rate … ?

There’s not much that I can do, right here and now.

Except do what I’ve done, today.



Job hunt … fill in a change of circumstances form … update my Mac to Catalina* … 



Oh … and catch up with some TV.

Oh, yes: Series 4 of Mr Robot is sneaking it’s way into my life … 

~≈Ç≈~

Opening with a flashback to season three?

Shows us Angela (Portia Doubleday) telling Price (Michael Cristofer) she wants revenge on White Rose (BD Wong), and is planning to get it.

Only to be shot by agents of the Dark Army.

Meanwhile … ?



Meanwhile, Agent DiPierro (Grace Gummer) has moved in with her mother, and is finding meeting new people troublesome.

And Darlene (Carly Chaikin)?



Darlene is handling Angela’s disappearance, badly: falling into a serious binge.

As if things weren’t bad enough?

Eliot (Rami Malek) and his alter-ego, Mr Robot (Christian Slater) have blackmailed paedophile lawyer, Freddie (Jake Busey) into revealing where White Rose has his money stashed …

Only for Eliot to fall foul of Phillip Price … and a syringe … 

~≈Ç≈~

Now …

As an opening episode?



As an opening episode, 401 Unauthorized is rather good.

Part of the show’s appeal?



Is it’s insistence on technical authenticity, over action.

Something that does’t seem to be emphasised in this episode.

It’s seems to be concentrating not on cerebral chess moves: as have earlier series.



But on a more action oriented tale.



Personally?

I don’t think that’s a bad thing.

I think that many series evolve over time: god knows Dr Who has.



So a change?

In this case, I think is interesting.



Frankly?

Let’s hope they keep it up!





*        The shift from the iTunes app, to the new Music, TV and Podcasts app has gone well: which was my main worry.   iMovie can still access the files it needs to: although we’ll have to see what happens with any hardcore exporting.   The wallpaper?   Is gorgeous … !

No comments: