Sunday 20 October 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 20-10-2019: Sydney Opera House

20th October, 2019.


Right … 

You’ve possibly realised I’m a film fan.

It’s not like I haven’t made it obvious, over the years.

Last night, though … ?

I managed to catch the Noel Clarke penned Kidulthood — my review’s here — last night.

Something I’ve not done?

Is a video version of these reviews.

I still haven’t, I think.

But, in the light of now being able to earn money on uploads?

Thought something could be helpful … 


~≈Ω≈~

In a sad bit of news?

A sad bit that I missed … ?

Is that Rick Loomis, founder of Flying Buffalo Games, has died of lymphatic cancer: after a long fight with the disease.

I’m saddened to hear that.

His company’s Tunnels and Trolls was my first role playing game: and the second one to be published.

It’s … 

Well, it’s sad to hear the man who’s company picked up the challenge of Dungeons and Dragons, and made the concept cheaper and easier to play, has gone.

RIP, Rick.

~≈Ω≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, Olga†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) The Sydney Opera House was formally opened: on 20th October of which year?
Q2) Who formally opened it: the Queen, the Australian PM or Sir Ian McKellen?
Q3) The first singer to perform at the Opera House, performed in 1960: whilst it was being built.   Who was that singer?
Q4) The Sydney Symphony Orchestra plays in which of the Opera House’s venues?
Q5) Finally … ?   The Opera House is in Sydney.   City and Opera House are in which Australian state?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) Ferdinand 2nd married Isabella I on 19th October: of which year?
A1) 1469.
Q2) Which of the pair ruled Aragon?
A2) Ferdinand.
Q3) Which of the pair ruled Castile?
A3) Isabella.
Q4) The pair were known as the Catholic … what?
A4) Catholic monarchs.
Q5) Finally … ?   The pair’s marriage eventually led to the formation of which country?
A5) Spain.
Here’s a thought …
“… the Sydney Opera House is a great architectural work of the 20th century that brings together multiple strands of creativity and innovation in both architectural form and structural design.”
From UNESCO’s World Heritage page about the Opera House.
And, as the House has a Mozart season on the go …?

This …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Morning, Anne!   Oooh … I’ve got the video done for Halloween’s Teaser.   It’s looking good, if I do say so, myself.

†        Blimey, where do I start, Olga!   Yes: I did see the news about Franco’s body: it had me wondering why he hadn’t been moved a long time ago.   And, yes: I knew Carles Puigdemont and company were all over the place.   That bit honestly struck me as completely daft: turning Independence politicians into martyrs.   I’m a little more sympathetic to the cause, because of that!   As for asking?   My pleasure, Olga: it only seemed fair … (As for politicians?   Britain doesn’t have any.   After yesterday, we have a chimp’s tea party.)


‡        How IS the hand, Debbi?   Oh, and have you seen Kidulthood?   It’s rather good!

3 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

1973, Elizabeth II, Paul Robeson ,Concert Hall,New South Wales
OOh I look forward to Halloween video, I really enjoy these quiz keeps my mind active

Olga said...

Q1) 1973
Q2) The Queen
Q3) Paul Robeson (a fabulous singer and human being).
Q4) The Concert Hall
Q5) New South Wales
Perhaps a monkey party would do a better job. Good idea about the YouTube movie reviews. I keep thinking about doing that for books (I've seen Debby's reviews) but I'm not particularly fond of appearing on camera. Perhaps a podcast... (I prefer radio anyway).

Debbi said...

I haven't seen that one. As for my hand, it's the usual mess. :)

1. 1973
2. the Queen
3. Paul Robeson
4. the Concert Hall
5. New South Wales

FYI, I got a message thru FB from a doctor (well, PhD in clinical pharmacology) in Cambridge who also has post-stroke dystonia. Apparently, the vlog I did where I talked about my dystonia inspired him! Wow! The Internet has come through for both of us! All of us? :)

Oh, if you check out this blog, you'll see my fractured take on Shakespeare's MacBeth! :) https://randomandsundrythings.wordpress.com/

I think the name Marlo works on so many levels there. ;-) Ahem ...!