Saturday 12 October 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 12-10-2019: Oktoberfest

12th October, 2019.


Right … I’m up early, again!

Basically … ?

I’m helping my kid sister on an educational trip to the ExCel centre in London: for their New Scientist Live event.

We’re not the only family members there, I think.

If you see Richardson and Richardson Jewellery store, there?


For starters, go buy something: they’ll have something that grabs you.

And secondly?   It’s run by Wendy, my cousin Dean’s wife, and their daughter, Hannah.   Who’s either my first cousin twice removed, or my second cousin once removed!

Isn’t life complicated … ?

~≈†≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, Olga†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Debbi and Olga scoring five out of five, And Anne on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) The first Octoberfest was held: on 12th October of which year?
Q2) It’s held in which German city?
Q3) City and festival are in which German state?
Q4) Its traditionally opened by the Mayor: when he taps — opens — a barrel of what?
Q5) Finally … ?   There’s a lot of glass Maß at Octoberfest.  What is a Maß?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) The Gang of Four were arrested: on 11th October of which year?
A1) 1976.
Q2) Name any one of them.
Q3) Which one of the Gang was Mao Zedong’s widow?
A3) Jiang Qing.
Q4) The Gang came to prominence during which Revolution? 
A4) The Cultural Revolution.
Q5) Finally … ?   The Gang’s arrest took place, where: China, Japan or Vietnam?
A5) China.
Here’s a quote …
“O zapft is!” (“It’s tapped!”)
The tradional words used to open Oktoberfest.
And some singing … …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Morning Anne: say hi to you mum for me!

†        I honestly couldn’t tell you, there, Olga: I’m assuming the BBC article is based on the Gang’s arrest, rather than their underlings.   What can I tell you … ?   Bar ‘You’re right about head and heart decisions!’   At any rate, I’m glad to have sorted out the straps.   It’s only when the nurse pointed it out, on Thursday, that I realised the straps had the brand name on the back … and that I’d been wearing the lettering upside down … !   I’m getting a look, aren’t I … ?   (Oh, I’ve discussed the CV with the Job Centre: they agreed with the idea.)

‡        And they didn’t air The Young Ones, Debbi?   That’s possibly disgraceful!   Or possibly understandable.   (Oh, Christopher Ryan, who played Mike the Cool Person, crops up as General Staal, so you know …)


3 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

1810, Munich,, Bavaria, beer, amount of beer in a mug
Thank you I will, and I hope you have a great day

Olga said...

Q1) 1810
Q2) Munich
Q3) Bavaria
Q4) beer
Q5) It seems the Maß is actually the measurement or the unit (a bit like a pint in England) but it’s sometime used as a one litre glass mug … I don’t like beer but there is an Oktoberfest going on at the moment here as well… I imagine it must remind you of your time in the pub business.
Good luck with everything!

Debbi said...

I suspect Americans might have been confused by the word "punter". :) That's one I figured out pretty much from context and still looked up to be sure!

1. 1810
2. Munich
3. Bavaria
4. beer
5. a mug