Wednesday 1 December 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 1-12-2021: The Month Of December

1st December, 2021.


Yes: I’m up early … again!

And hungry!

I’ve got blood tests, at eleven: ones that require me to fast.

Frankly?   It’s just gone seven, and I’m feeling grotty, already.

Thankfully, though?

I’ll be able to get something to eat, when I get back.

Which will be nice.

Especially as I’ve got my COVID booster jab, this afternoon.

~≈Ê≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        December has 31 days.   Including December, how many months of the year have 31 days?

Q2)        Name one of them.

Q3)        December is the 12th month of the year.   It was which month of the Ancient Roman Calendar: the Tenth, Eleventh or Twelfth?

Q4)        December are a musical duo from where: North Korea, South Korea or Japan?

Q5)        Finally … ?   December is the last month of the standard calendar.   Adar is the last month of which ecclesiastical year: the Hebrew, Islamic or Hindu?   (I’ll stress it, again: the ecclesiastical calendar: not civil, court or academic.)
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        30th November is Independence Day in Barbados.   Marking its Independence from where: France, Germany or the UK?
A1)        The UK.

Q2)        Barbados became independent in which year of the 1960s?
A2)        1966.

Q3)        As I write, Barbados is currently a monarchy.   It becomes a republic in which years: 2021, 2022 or 2023?
A3)        2021.   I posted these questions, yesterday: on the country’s first day as a republic.

Q4)        Barbados is part of which group of islands: the Lesser Antilles or the Greater Antilles?
A4)        The Lesser Antilles.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Mount Gay, Cocksure and Malibu are Barbadian what: beers, rums or whiskies?
A5)        Rums.
Here’s a thought … 
“In cold December fragrant chaplets blow,
And heavy harvests nod beneath the snow.”
The Dunciad, Book 1, line 77, Alexander Pope.
And a playlist …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

The quizmaster’s decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.



*        Hello, Mum!

        Cheers, Olga.   I’m keeping my fingers crossed it goes quickly: I can get something to eat, sooner rather than later!   All this on the day I’ve got my booster jab.
        Are the cases near you, Olga?   I’ll keep my fingers crossed!

        That they are, Debbi.   The sad bit is Sweet Pea Atkinson, their best known singer, died last year: at the age of seventy-four.   With that voice … ?   He’s impossible to replace.   (Crazy Water is one hell of a tune!   Why it never became Number One, I do not know!)

5 comments:

Nik Nak said...

That’s a thought, folks.

Did I mention Steven Spielberg’s done an updated version of West Side Story?

They’ll never replace Rita Moreno.

Mind you, she’s in it … 

Olga said...

Q1) 7

Q2) January

Q3) The Tenth

Q4) South Korea

Q5) The Hebrew
The one case that has been identified for sure is in Madrid, although there were two suspected cases somewhere in Catalonia (coming in through the airport here, so...)
I hope it all goes well.
I read the comments about the Steven Spielberg West Side Story (we had talked about it before, I remember). Most are very positive. They say it is beautiful, and although it is quite faithful to the previous movie, it has addressed some issues with the cast... And yes, Rita is on it. (The rest of the characters of the original, or at least many of them, where a bit more colourful than the two protagonists, that is for sure). There were changes made, though, to the original musical. For instance, in the original, 'America' was only sung and danced by girls, but I think it is quite a good idea to have the boys in it (I love that number)!

Reith said...

1. Seven
2. December
3. 10th
$. Japan
5. Hebrew


I had to seek urgent medical attention. I hope to get better

I may have to cut back on the quiz as I have a detailed routine now.

Freda said...

1 8
2 January
3 Tenth
4 South Korea
5 Hebrew

Debbi said...

Haven't seen that movie in a while.

1. seven
2. January
3. Twelfth
4. South Korea
5. the Hebrew