Saturday 16 April 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 16th April, 2022.

16th April, 2022.


It’s Saturday!

A day when many of us will be going ‘Yaaay!’

If we’re that way inclined.

Personally … ?

I’m not: I’m not a ‘Yay,’ person.

Instead?

I’ll more than probably do a little light shopping.

I’m running out of peas!

~≈†≈~

There’s a new terror to poverty.

Many of us in the UK on low incomes are — if they’re in a property in the relevant council tax band — due to get a Council Tax rebate of £150.

Quite how I get that, I don’t know: the relevant factsheet tells me the Council will be in touch.

I DO know the BBC’s just released a news piece that tells us scammers are cold-calling people: in order to get our bank details

And doing so by pretending to be the Council, arranging the payment.

Frankly?

I think we’re all going to need to keep our eyes peeled.

~≈†≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions‡, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video. (Today’s video has yesterday’s answers.)

Q1)        16th April is World what Day: World Voice Day, World Hearing Day, or World Sight Day?

Q2)        16th April, 1917, saw who return to his home nation: Josef Stalin, Vladimir Lenin or Leon Trotsky?

Q3)        The George Cross was awarded to the people of Malta: on 16th April, 1942.   During which war: the First World War, Second World War or the One Hundred Year War?

Q4)        16th April, 1947, saw Bernard Baruch become the first person to describe relations between the USA and the USSR, as the what: Cold War, False War or Potato War

Q5)        Finally … ?   16th April is the Feast day of Saint Drogo.   Some will tell you he’s the patron saint of what: tea, coffee or cocoa?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        15th April, 1469, saw the birth of Guru Nanak.   The Guru’s the founder of which religion: Buddhism, Hinduism or Sikhism?
A1)        Sikhism.

Q2)        Leonardo da Vinci was born in the Italian town of Vinci: on 15th April, 1452.   Vinci is in which Italian region: Sicily, Tuscany or Umbria?
A2)        Tuscany.

Q3)        Actress, Maisie Williams, was born on 15th April, 1997.   She played which member of the Stark family, in Game of Thrones: Arya Stark, Sansa Stark or Ned Stark?
A3)        Arya Stark.

Q4)        15th April, 1942, saw the George Cross won by where: Malta, Sicily or Japan?
A4)        Malta.

Q5)        Finally … ?   15th April, 1941, saw German bombers attack which British city: London, Belfast, Cardiff or Edinburgh?
A5)        Belfast.
Here’s a thought … 
“I’m a very positive person. My grandmother taught me that happiness is both a skill and a decision, and you are responsible for the outcome.”
RIP, Helen McCrory, 17 August 1968 – 16 April 2021.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

The quizmaster’s decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.






*        Hello, Mum!

        Yeah, there’s always that one, Debbi, isn’t there … ?

        There’s a distinct possibility I’ve asked the same question, twice: I’m blaming Wikipedia … !

3 comments:

trev-v said...

My modest 3 bedroomed “terraced” house is in band D so I will get the £150.
As I pay my council tax in 10 instalments by Direct Debit the council will automatically put it into my bank account.

It is always nice to get money from the government. Every year I get the £200 winter heating allowance and the odd Pensioners Christmas box of £10.

I see that you may not get the money. The council may offer to offset it against your council tax.

Freda said...

1 Hearing
2 Trosk
3 WW2
4 Cold War
5 Coffee
4
4

Debbi said...

You know, it's been ages. I should re-read 1984. It is available in this country, I believe, despite the best efforts of book banners.

For all I know, I might have a copy buried in the stacks somewhere. :)

1. World Voice Day
2. Vladimir Lenin
3. Second World War
4. Cold War
5. coffee