Wednesday 6 April 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 6th April 2022

6th April, 2022.


Right: it’s Wednesday.

And I’m up earlier than usual … for a Wednesday.

Yes: I’m going to be officially Jude-sitting, today.

There’s a distinct possibility of another video.


~≈🚀≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        6th April, 1520, saw the death of artist, Rafael.   What sort of artist was he: a painter, sculptor or musician?

Q2)        More to the point, he was from what’s now where: Italy, France or Spain?

Q3)        6th April is New Beer’s Eve in the USA.   Beer is usually made with grains, water, sugar and brewers what: yeast, mushrooms or cheese?

Q4)        Rama 1st was named as the first king of the Chakri Dynasty: on 6th April, 1782.   The dynasty are still rulers. Of which modern country: Japan, Bhutan or Thailand?

Q5)        Finally … ?   6th April, 1917, saw the United States declare war on which country: Germany, Austria-Hungary or Turkey?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        April the Fifth lived from 1929 to 1954.   He was a Thoroughbred what: horse, greyhound or tortoise?
A1)        A thoroughbred horse.

Q2)        For personal tax purposes, the financial year ends on 5th April.   The financial year, where: the UK, USA or China?
A2)        The UK.

Q3)        Pharrell Williams was born on 5th April, 1973.   His song, Happy, was used in the soundtrack to which film: Iron Man 3, Despicable Me 2 or Frozen?
A3)        Despicable Me 2.

Q4)        5th April, 1929, saw the birth of actor, Nigel Hawthorne.   Which king did he play in The Madness of King George: George 1st, 2nd or 3rd?
A4)        George 3rd.   The producers were going to name the after the original play: The Madness of George iii: until US research audiences apparently started asking what happened to The Madness of George Pt 1 and 2

Q5)        Finally … ?   5th April, 1985, saw the birth of Jan Smeets.   He’s a grand master at which game: Go, Chess or Ludo?
A5)        Chess.
Here’s a thought … 
“The trick is not to fall back on the things you’ve done before.”
André Previn, April 6, 1929 – February 28, 2019.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

The quizmaster’s decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.







*        It’s a pain, alright, Olga: and one they didn’t exactly warn me about.   I’ve hadother group ones, myself: including for the Body Shop, funnily, and for Apple, and a couple of similar marketing companies.   They all told me in advance what was happening.   This one didn’t.
        If it’s ANY help?   Mum usually access the blog through her phone: and usually keeps a note pad on her armchair: she’s in Kent for the next few days, seeing an old friend.   She’s on Android, if it’s any reassurance!   It’s good to know you’ve got everything else organised!
        Have fun at Sant!


†        Hello, Mum!   (It was Despicable Me 2 … !)

        Yeah, I noticed you did, Debbi!   I ended up with Sweet Dreams, My LA Ex as an earworm.   For a week!


3 comments:

Freda said...

1 Italy
2 Painter
3 Yeast
4 Thailand
5 Austria- Hungary

Olga said...

Q1) A painter

Q2) Italy

Q3) Yeast

Q4) Thailand

Q5) Germany
Thanks, Paul. My problem is that I seem to be able to leave comments sometimes on some blogs and not others, so it has happened sometimes that I've spent a lot of time typing a reply (I'm a quick typist but not on a phone, so it's very frustrating) and then discovered I'd wasted my time because it wouldn't go through. So I just rather saved myself the frustration, to be honest. I also have no idea how much time I'll have.
Oh, and thanks, but this morning, after the airline sent me a message, I discovered that there was another form I had to fill it, so they could track me in case... Well, only a few countries have it in place, but, wouldn't you know it? France seems to be one of them. I find it a bit weird, because they have removed all the restrictions, why leave this one? The strangest thing is that they suggest you should do it after checking and before boarding... But if you do the checking in person, that doesn't leave you much time, and that is supposing you have a connection and the means to do it there... It also mentions a declaration you have to fill in the plane. Well, I don't know any longer. I might end up being sent back here, but I've about lost my will to live and travel at this point.
Stay well.

Debbi said...

Catchy!

1. a painter
2. Italy
3. yeast
4. Thailand
5. Germany