Tuesday 26 April 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 26-4-2022: The Bard’s Baptism

26th April, 2022.


It’s officially the case: I have nothing to do, today.

Beyond making a couple of phone calls.

Oh, and job hunting, Teaser writing, and possibly watching a film.

We’ll have to see.

I’ve got access to the recently released The Batman, and to Spider-Man: No Way Home.

We’ll have to see.

But just as a thought?

Spider-Man: No Way Home is two and a half hours.

The Batman’s five minutes shy of three hours!

You have to ask, don’t you?

With films that length, how is your bladder capacity?

~≈🦇≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.   (Today’s video has yesterday’s answers.)

Q1)        26th April, 1564, saw William Shakespeare baptised: in Stratford-upon-Avon.   Stratford-upon-Avon is in which English country: Leicestershire, Warwickshire or Staffordshire?

Q2)        Will was known as the Bard of Avon.   This particular Avon was a what: river, mountain or glen?

Q3)        Anne Hathaway was William’s what: wife, daughter or cousin?

Q4)        Shakespeare’s only son, died aged eleven.   What was his son’s name: Henry, Harry or Hamnet?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Shakespeare was survived by his two daughters. Judith was one.   Who was the other?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1)        Guglielmo Marconi was born on 25th April, 1874.   He’s generally credited with inventing what: radio, television or computers?
A1)        Radio.

Q2)        25th April, 1898, saw the US Senate declare that a state of war existed.   Between the USA and which European nation … ?
A2)        Spain.

Q3)        Oliver Cromwell was born on 25th April, 1599.   Between 1640 and 1649, he was MP for where: Cambridge, Huntingdon or Dunny on the Wold?
A3)        Cambridge.

Q4)        Which US state became the first to require license plates, on 25th April, 1901: New York, Kentucky, or Florida?
A4)        New York.

Q5)        Finally … ?   25th April, 1923, saw the birth of bluesman, Albert King.   He played guitar, how: left handedly or right handedly?
A5)        Left handedly.   (I air guitared in yesterday’s video: just to prove a minor point. Playing right-handedly is bloody uncomfortable.)
Here’s an epitaph …
“Good frend for Jesus sake forbeare
To digg the dust encloased heare
Blese be the man that spares these stones
And curst be he that moves my bones.”
Shakespeare’s epitaph.
And a video …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

The quizmaster’s decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.






*        I’m tactfully saying nothing, Olga!   Tell Jordi and his wife to have fun, if you speak to them before they go!   (Oh, I don’t know how its Spanish language provision is: but the Science Museum was fun.   There’s a lot of pressable buttons!   Oh, and as me and Trevor told Debbi and Rick?   Big Ben’s the bell!)

        Yeah, he DOES look a bit grim, Debbi!   Oh, can you ask Rick how you pronounce ‘Guglielmo,’ for me, please?   I have NO idea … !

3 comments:

Freda said...

1 Warickshire
2 River
3 Wife
4 Hamnet
5 Anne

Olga said...

Q1) Warwickshire

Q2) A river

Q3) Wife

Q4) Hamnet

Q5) Susanna
Oh, I saw Jordi yesterday morning and we did a bit of dialogue practice, although I'm sure they'll be OK. He is only going for a few days, so I'll see him again next Monday and should have some feedback. He had prebooked a lot of things already, so I'm sure they'll be busy.
You're right about movies (at least some) getting longer and longer. By the way, I watched the latest Bond movie at my friends', in Paris. As you know, I'm not a big fan, but I enjoyed it more than I expected, and the village in Italy is lovely (and Ana de Armas has a great little part on it). We are all growing old, was my main thought as well. I think it's time for a new Bond. And I liked the new 007 too. (Thinking about it, I don't recall watching the previous one, though, but one can easily fill the gaps in with regards to plot I think).

Debbi said...

What on earth is that word? :) Gugli-something? :)

Okay, then!

1. Warwickshire
2. river
3. wife
4. Hamnet (poor kid was teased mercilessly)
5. Susana