Wednesday 3 January 2024

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 3rd January 2024.

3rd January, 2024.


Right then!

The years moves on: it’s now Wednesday … which means the things I need to do, yesterday, are done.

Including ordering a repeat prescription, and my third — and last — bit of help from the Essential Living Fund run by Southend Council.

I’m very aware they have a five week backlog: but, hopefully, that will turn up, quickly.

Every little helps, after all.

~≈Ò≈~

Today, by contrast … ?

I’ve little planned.

Except a phone meeting with my (new) Job Centre case worker.

I’m supposed — currently — to have one every three months: but haven’t had one since March.

I can only hope it’s productive!

~≈Ò≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.


Q1)        3rd January is the tenth of the Twelve Days of Christmas.   The period is also called what: Eighttide, Tentide or Twelvetide?

Q2)        The proceedings of the US Congress were first televised on 3rd January, 1947.   What’s the name of the TV channel that broadcasts proceedings: C-SPAN, Out-SPAN or SPAN-R?

Q3)        Alaska joined the USA: on 3rd January, 1959.   What Alaska’s largest city: Anchorage or Juneau?

Q4)        Flash Airways flight 604 crashed on 3rd January, 2004.   It had been flying from Sharm El Sheikh: to which French city?

Q5)        Finally … ?   3rd January, 2009, saw Israeli forces invade where: Gaza, the West Bank or East Jerusalem?

Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 


Q1)        2nd January is Kaapse Klopse.   Where: Johannesburg, Pretoria or Cape Town?
A1)        Cape Town.

Q2)        Which state joined the USA: on 2nd January, 1788?
A2)        Georgia.

Q3)        2nd January, 2022, saw the death of scientist, Richard Leakey.   He’d been a what: paleoanthropologist, astrophysicist or observational psychologist?
A3)        A paleoanthropologist.

Q4)        The Padma Vibhushan was established on 2nd January, 1954.   It’s one of the two highest civilian awards given by which country: China, India or Thailand?
A4)        India.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Francois Pienaar was born on 2nd January, 1967.   He plays what: rugby union or rugby league?
A5)        Rugby union.

Here’s a thought … 
“The world to-day is faced with a contest between two sides, and those two sides are whether the rule of law in international affairs shall prevail, or the rule of lawless force.”
Clement Attlee, 3 January 1883 – 8 October, 1967.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!

        I’d be in the same shoes, there, Olga: I don’t drink, either.   I’ve picked up a few things over the years, as part of the job.   For example, you want to get a posh white French wine for someone you know likes Sauvignon Blanc?   Your best bet is a Petit Chablis: the mix of Chardonnay grape, and the environment of the region, produces something similar.   And twice the price!
        Sant Sadurní d’Anoia?   There’s a few Terry Pratchett fans who notice the name: Anoia’s the Discworld Goddess of things that get stuck in drawers!

        It was rather interesting, Debbi§: I think it arrives at a space station in the next video.
        To try and summarise what Wikipedia’s telling me?
  •         Rugby League’s got thirteen players per on-field team, the players were paid, and the game’s preferred in the north of England.
  •         Rugby Union, by contrast, was amateur, has fifteen players on-field team, and usually preferred in southern England.
  •         The rules are slightly different for each code of the game: a bit like American and Canadian rules football.   They’re both Gridiron football, but … … … 
§        Just to complicate things, Debbi?   Both games call themselves Rugby football, and neither of them are the only Rugby on the block.
        Oh, then there’s Murderball … … … 

3 comments:

Mum said...

1 Twelvetide
2 C Span
3 June August
4 Paris
5 Gaza Strip

Olga said...

I didn't know that about Anoia. Good name, though. I'll remember next time.
Sorry, I've decided to go and help set up the Campament Reial (Royal Encampment, I guess) for tomorrow, as we are behind. I'm going back this afternoon, so only a short break for lunch, and I suspect I'll get home quite late, as it has to be ready for the children and their families tomorrow morning. I'll likely catch up on Friday when the parade is in the afternoon-evening. I hope the phone meeting goes well.

Debbi said...

I see. I think. :)

1. Twelvetide
2. C-SPAN
3. Anchorage
4. Paris
5. Gaza

As part of my occupational therapy, I have to keep my elbows in while I type.

This is harder than it sounds. I'm trying to reverse 15 years of doing it wrong.

So, it's no picnic. But I'll manage. :)