Saturday 13 January 2024

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 13th January 2024.

13th January, 2024.


It’s officially: stuff will no doubt be occurring, today!

Of course it will: that’s the nature of the universe.

Things happen, one after the other.

On thing I do know will happen?

Is a review.

I caught a film, last night: and will have my review up, later!

~≈¥≈~

One rather sad thing I know happened, yesterday?

The death of Radio 1 DJ, Annie Nightingale, was announced.

The station’s first female DJ was both a pioneer for women in the industry, and the station’s longest serving presenter: celebrating her fiftieth year with the station in 2020.

Her Sunday night show introduced me to a host of songs.





Her’s was the first show I can remember talking about a musician dying of, or contracting, HIV/AIDS: when she announced that Ricky Wilson of the B52s had died from complications of AIDS.

She even replied to one of my tweets, many moons ago!


Annie will be much missed.

~≈¥≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.


Q1)        13th January is Liberation Day in Togo.   It marks a coup d’etat in which year of the 1960s?

Q2)        13th January is the feast day of Veronica of Milan.   Is Veronica Venerable, Blessed or a Saint?

Q3)        13th January is Democracy Day in Cape Verde.   Cape Verde is in which ocean: the Atlantic, Pacific or Indian?

Q4)        Over one hundred people were killed in riots in India: on 13th January, 1964.   In which Indian city: Calcutta, Bombay or Madras?

Q5)        Finally … ?   13th January, 1599, saw the death of poet, Edmund Spenser.   His best poem was called “The Faerie … ” what: “Kinge”, “Queene” or “Prince”?

Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1)        12th January, 2024, sees the start of the 2024 Tour Down Under.   The Tour is a long distance bicycle race, where: Australia, South Africa or New Zealand?
A1)        Australia

Q2)        12th January, 1554, saw Bayinnuang crowned as king of where: Burma, Brazil or Ulaanbator?
A2)        Burma

Q3)        The Taal volcano erupted on 12th January, 2020.   The volcano is where: Hawaii, the Philippines or Alaska?
A3)        The Philippines

Q4)        The Deep Impact probe was launched on 12th January, 2005: on its way to Comet Temple 1.   Which space agency launched it: NASA, Roscosmos or the ESA?
A4)        NASA

Q5)        Finally … ?   John Lasseter was born on 12th January, 1957.   He’s the current Head of Animation, where: Skydance Animation, Pixar or Walt Disney Animation Studios?
A5)        Skydance Animation.

Here’s a thought …
“Nostalgia: How long’s that been around?”
Bill Bailey, born 13 January 1965.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!

        That it does, Olga: I’ll probably try and get in touch with them on Monday.   (Did you ever hear Annie Nightingale’s show, when you were here?   The woman was quite eclectic.)

        I’d imagine Hendrix and the Pistols can be tricky ones, Debbi!   But can they be any trickier than “Golden Brown”, the old Stranglers tune?   That’s got some very odd time changes to it!   Oh, and Tubeway Army’s “Bombers” is strange: that “Bombers fly at zero … … … …feet” line is just odd!


3 comments:

Mum said...

1 1963
2 Venerated
3 Atlantic
4 Calcutta
5 Queene

Olga said...

Q1) 1963

Q2) Blessed

Q3) the Atlantic

Q4) Calcutta

Q5) “Queene”
No, I don’t think I’ve ever listened to Radio 1, at least not under my own steam (I’m sure I’ve heard it playing in places I’ve been to). I remember that when I came to stay in the UK, and I was preparing for an English exam, they told us to listen to Radio 4 to get used to listening to English, and I did that for a while. Then, I went through a phase of listening mostly to local radio stations, and, eventually I moved on to Radio 2, so I don’t think I’ve ever listened to Annie, but she sounds like quite a character. A big loss, no doubt.

Debbi said...

Annie sounds like she was pretty awesome.

Exercise-wise, I think I'll start off with the easier rhythms. :)

1. 1963
2. Blessed
3. Atlantic
4. Calcutta
5. Queene