Tuesday 2 January 2024

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 2nd January 2024.

2nd January, 2024.


Right, then: it’s Tuesday, 2nd January.

And I’m up early.

There’s a few thing I have to do: that’s usually what get’s me out of bed.

Firstly?

I need to do some shopping: living on air is a nice ideal, but I like the idea of eating toast!

Next?

Possibly popping into the chemist could be good: but I can always give them a phone call.

Lastly?

I’ve got an early — for me — appointment at Brentwood Hospital: for my usual diabetes checks.

And I think claiming on the Essential Living Fund, at some point today, may be a good idea!

Things like that can be very useful.

~≈Ï≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.


Q1)        2nd January is Kaapse Klopse.   Where: Johannesburg, Pretoria or Cape Town?

Q2)        Which state joined the USA: on 2nd January, 1788?

Q3)        2nd January, 2022, saw the death of scientist, Richard Leakey.   He’d been a what: paleoanthropologist, astrophysicist or observational psychologist?

Q4)        The Padma Vibhushan was established on 2nd January, 1954.   It’s one of the two highest civilian awards given by which country: China, India or Thailand?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Francois Pienaar was born on 2nd January, 1967.   He plays what: rugby union or rugby league?

Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 


Q1)        1st January is the first day of 2024.   Is 2024 a leap year?
A1)        Yes.   (I’ve got an extra Teaser to write, this year.)

Q2)        1st January is New Year’s Day.   New Year’s Eve is on which date?
A2)        31st December.

Q3)        1st January, 2024, sees Argentina, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, all join what: the EU, UN or BRICS?
A3)        The BRICS.   (The acronym is short for ‘Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa’.   I need to re-write the version of this question in my database: as I should’ve said ‘were invited to join’, there!)

Q4)        1st January, 2023, saw Croatia adopt what: a constitution, the Euro or votes for women?
A4)        The Euro.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Bouvet Island, the world’s most remote island, was discovered on 1st January, 1739.   It’s 1, 100 miles away from where: Antarctica, South America or Africa?
A5)        Antarctica.

Here’s a thought … 

“Sure, there's an element of talent you should probably possess, but if you stick around long enough, eventually something is going to happen, you know?” Dax Randall Shepard, born January 2, 1975.

And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.



*        Sounds like there’s been a rough few days, there, Olga: the strikes will have had an effect!   I know most of the workers will have good cause to strike: but it can make life difficult for travellers!
        I keep forgetting Cava’s from Catalonia!   If I recall correctly?   The BIG difference between red and white wine is that white wine grapes are peeled: red ones aren’t.   Which is how you end up with ‘red’ grapes like Pinot Noir in white wines like Cava!   (He says, showing off!)
        Either way?   It sounds like you’re in for a fun day: have a good one, whatever you wear!   (You know, you could go as one of ZZTop: they get referred to as the Three Wise Men in the video for one song.)


        Cheers, Debbi!   (That’s a thought, Debbi, did you ever see the video for ZZTop’s “Sleeping Bag”?   I forgot they turned the car into a spaceship at the end of it!)

3 comments:

Mum said...

1 Cape Town
2 Georgia
3 Paleanthrologist
4 India
5 Rugby Union

Olga said...

Q1) Cape Town

Q2) Georgia

Q3) paleoanthropologist

Q4) India

Q5) rugby union
Thanks, Paul. Interesting about the grapes. I'm not a drinker of anything alcoholic, so although it is possible to visit cavas not very far from where I live (Sant Sadurní d'Anoia is one of the places where they are located), I've never been. I'm sure it's interesting, but not doing the testing probably misses some of the point.
Not a bad suggestion. I'll keep you posted, although I suspect on Thursday I won't have time to join the teaser, as I'll be there from early in the morning until late in the evening.

Debbi said...

I have a vague recollection of that.

1. Cape Town
2. Georgia
3. paleoanthropologist
4. India
5. rugby union

What's the difference between rugby union and rugby league? That's not a joke, though it sounds like one. :)