Saturday 10 October 2015

The Daily Teaser — 10-10-2015


Right …

I THINK I owe co-worker, Kelly, a bit of a “Thank You”: as I’d cheekily asked her to remind me to mark up some internal hard drives.

Or, at least, mark up the sleds the hard-drives are in.

Thanking YOU, Kelly!

The REASON I asked about that … ?

Well, I’ll be honest, I’m thinking I should replace the internal drive I store my TV series on: with a larger capacity one.

I’m slowly — for a given value of slowly — running out of space, on there.

Most of the time, I don’t need to know which drive is in which bay: as you can possibly work out from the screen-shot, all I need is for the operating system to tell me which one is which.

Obviously, it’s a different story if I’m replacing one.

That’s when knowing what’s what, comes in useful … !

~≈Ó≈~

But let’s get a move on, shall we?

With Debbi heading for Bouchercon, and Olga having visitors and computers issues, yesterday’s Teaser was quiet.

Let’s see who we can interest in today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How ToLicense and video … 

Q1) 10th October, 1943, was the date of the ‘Double Tenth Incident’.   The Incident was a massacre in Japanese-occupied where: Malaya, Singapore or Australia?
Q2) 10th October, 1957, saw a the UK’s worst nuclear accident take place: when a fire broke out at the Windscale power plant.   What’s that plant now called?
Q3) 10th October is Independence Day.   Where: Cyprus, Fiji or Nauru?
Q4) 10th October, 1846, saw William Lassell discover Triton.   Triton is the largest moon of which planet?
Q5) Finally … 10th October, 1924, saw the birth of director, Ed Wood.   Which is his films is considered the worst ever made?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 9th October, 1986, saw the debut of musical, The Phantom of the Opera.   Who wrote the music for the piece?
Q2) Who wrote the book for the musical?   (The script, in other words, rather than the original novel.)
A2) Andrew Lloyd Webber and Richard Stilgoe.
Q3) Who wrote the book the musical is based on?   (The novel, I should say: rather than the script of the musical.)
Q4) Who originally played the Phantom, in the musical?
Q5) The main female character is Christine.   Who played her, in the original cast: Julia Covington, Sarah Brightman or Bonnie Langford?
A5) Sarah Brightman.   (Who was married to Sir Andrew Lloyd-Webber, at the time.   Personally, I’m not even going near the word, ‘nepotism’.   Honestly.)
Q6) The first act of the musical ends with what falling from the ceiling?
A6) The opera house chandelier.
Q7) A song from the musical, called The Phantom of the Opera, was released as a single in 1986.   Who sang the part of the Phantom on this version?
A7) Steve Harley: he of Cockney Rebel fame.
Q8) The musical was turned into a film: and released in 2004.   Who played the Phantom in this version?
Q9) Steve Barton, Byron Nease and Tim Martin Gleason have all played which character in the musical?
A9) Raoul: Christine’s childhood friend.
Q10) Finally … the show had a sequel released, at the Adelphi theatre: in 2010.   What’s the sequel called?
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“You can cut the tension with a cricket stump.”

Murray Walker, born 10th October, 1923.
And a jazz star … 


Enjoy your day.

No comments: