Saturday 17 October 2015

The Daily Teaser — 17-10-2015

THAT’S a thought … 

Did I tell you I — occasionally — shop Amazon?

You’d possibly worked that out: especially given I’ve managed to pick up Mongrels, a little while ago.


At ANY rate … ?   You’ve worked out I, generally, like buying stuff from them.

I have to admit, I’ve bought an hard-drive enclosure from them.

In case you DIDN’T know, that’s a little widget that let’s you use an internal hard-drive, as if it were an external hard-drive.

Given I’ve an branch of CeX near me, that dosed second hand internal drives, at some very reasonable prices?

It’s a handy investment.

~≈Â≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw both Debbi* and Olga† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?   Here they are, along with the How ToLicense and video … 

Q1) 17th October, 1091, saw London hit by a what?
Q2) Many years later, 17th October, 1814, saw 8 people killed in London: in a flood of what?
Q3) Which European country’s postal service was founded on 17th October, 1558: Spain’s, Hungary’s or Poland’s?
Q4) 17th October, 1990, saw the initial version of IMDb posted to the ’Net.   It’s still going, and is a site devoted to what: wine, sculpture or movies?
Q5) Finally … 17th November, 1919, saw the founding of electronics giant, RCA.   RCA stood for Radio Corporation of where?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) During the French Revolution, 16th October, 1793, saw the execution of Marie Antoinette: widow of the King of France.   Which King of France?
Q2) Girton College, the first residential college for women, was opened on 16th October, 1869.   Is Girton College part of Oxford or Cambridge University?
Q3) The discovery of exoplanet, Alpha Centauri Bb was announced: on 16th October, 2012.   Alpha Centauri is in which constellation?
A3) Centaurus.
Q4) Empress Wu Zetian ascend the throne of China: on 16th October, 690 AD.   Which Chinese dynasty did she belong to: Tang, Fang or McSweeney?
A4) Tang.
Q5) Finally … General Augusto Pinochet was arrested in London: on 16th October, 1998.   He’d been dictator of which South American country?
A5) Chile.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“Ah, isn’t that nice, the wife of the Cambridge president is kissing the cox of the Oxford crew.”

Commentator, Harry Carpenter (17 October 1925 – 20 March 2010) speaking, allegedly, at the end of the 1977 Boat Race.
And this tune … 


Enjoy your day.









*        Oh, I wish, Debbi … !   Either way, good luck with it: I hope it goes well … !

†        It IS rather worrying, Olga.   I think having some sort of paving out there would be safer.   I also there’s only SO much my landlord would be prepared to do: as they’d make the very good point that residents, themselves, need to make sure they’re not dropping lit fag-ends.   (Oh … I mentioned the caddy, earlier?   You may wish to get hold of one, so you can securely wipe the drive, and recover any usable date.   The OTHER alternative for that now changed drive is to use a hammer … )

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) A tornado.
Q2) Beer.
Q3) Poland
Q4) Movies
Q5) America
I'd never heard of a beer flood...

Debbi said...

It went just great! I actually sold some books and met great people! :)

1. tornado
2. beer
3. Poland
4. movies
5. America