Tuesday 20 October 2015

The Daily Teaser — 20-10-2015

Hmmm … 

That’s … 

Well, not annoying, per sè.

Just awkward.

I’ve had a couple of things on order, now: from Amazon.   A hard-drive caddy and the fourth series of Angel.

Which Amazon told me would be delivered, yesterday.

I wasn’t too worried, as a friendly neighbour had agreed to take them in.

They turned up, alright … 

But when I was working, and my neighbour was picking up her children from work.

Oh, it’s OK, they’re going to be trying again, today.

But my first thought: when I got home from work and found the little card from Amazon’s delivery driver in my letterbox?

“Wouldn’t you know it … ?”

~≈Ç≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw both Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How ToLicense and video … 

Q1) 20th October, 1977, saw a Convair plane crash in Mississippi.   The crash killed three members of which band?
Q2) 20th October, 1947, saw the USA start formal diplomatic relations with which country?
Q3) 20th October, 2000, saw the release of human rights activist, James Mawdsley: from a jail in which East Asian nation?
Q4) 20th October, 1956, saw the birth of film director, Danny Boyle.   His first film, released in the UK in 1995, was called Shallowwhat?
Q5) Finally … Prime Minister Maurice Bishop was assassinated, during a coup: on 20th October, 1983.   Where was he PM of?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) Researchers at Rutgers University isolated Streptomycin on 19th October, 1943.   Streptomycin is an antibiotic that works against which disease?
Q2) 19th October, 1935, saw the League of Nation impose sanctions on Fascist controlled Italy: after Italy invaded which African nation?
A2) Ethiopia.
Q3) 19th October, 202 BC saw Roman legions defeat the army led by Hannibal.   Hannibal’s forces were from which North African city-state?
A3) Carthage.
Q4) Napoleon Bonaparte made a famous retreat on 19th October, 1812.  From which Russian city?
A4) Moscow.
Q5) Finally … During the US Civil War, 19th October, 1864, saw Confederate soldiers attack Saint Albans.   In WHICH state was Saint Albans?
A5) Vermont.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“The only thing I can cook is Welsh rarebit.”

Ian Rush, born 20 October 1961.
And this tune … 


Have a good day.










*        A good old fashioned rite de passage, then, Olga?   Either way, I might just have to make room for it!   Once I’ve got The Difference Engine out of the way … !

†        Did I tell you’ve met fantasy writer, Storm Constantine, Debbi?   She said near enough the same thing, the one time I met her … !

2 comments:

Debbi said...

Interesting! Great minds? :)

1. Lynard Skynard
2. Pakistan
3. Burma
4. Grave
5. Grenada

Olga said...

I see Debbie beat me to it. I had the same answers although found a different spelling for the band...
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Be well.