Wednesday 17 March 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 17-3-2021: Saint Patrick’s Day

17th March, 2021.


It’s officially official: I had a phone call, yesterday!

You’ll possibly remember that I have a CPAP machine: that helps me breathe, over night.

The hose that connects the breathing mask to the machine has broken: so I had to phone up the hospital for a new one.

I got told to wait for a phone call: which would make the necessary arrangements.

I got the call, yesterday.

The hose is on the way.

Thankfully, by recorded delivery: a delivery I have to sign for.

I’m thankful for that: the mail theft around here is still high.

~≈✉️≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Trevor*, Olga†, Mum‡, Debbi^ and Edithª‚ putting in their answers: with Olga, Trevor and Debbi scoring five out of five, Mum on three and Edith on two.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        17th March is Saint Patrick’s Day.   He’s the patron saint of Ireland, and of which African nation: Namibia, Niger or Nigeria?

Q2)        The saint is traditionally shown holding a shamrock, a three leafed clover.   It’s supposed to be a symbol of what: the Holy Trinity, the three faces of Eve, or the Tripiṭarka?

Q3)        Many will be drinking Guinness, or Murphy’s, on Saint Patrick’s Day.   Both are what kind of beer: lager, ale or stout?

Q4)        Saint Patrick, himself, is said to have driven snakes out of Ireland.   Snakes are covered in what: scales, feathers or fur?

Q5)        Finally … ?   What colour are you supposed to wear, if you’re marking Saint Patrick’s Day?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        The first FA Cup final was held on 16th March, 1872: between the Wanderers FC, and the Royal Engineers AFC.   Who won?
A1)        The Wanderers FC.

Q2)        The fourth President of the United States was born on 16th March, 1751.   Who was he: Alexander Hamilton, James Madison or George Washington?
A2)        James Madison.

Q3)        The second Roman Emperor died on 16th March, AD37. Who was he: Tiberius, Augustus or Caligula?
A3)        Tiberius.

Q4)        The UK’s Prime Minister resigned: on 16th March, 1976. Which Prime Minister?
A4)        Harold Wilson.

Q5)        Finally … ? The State of Mississippi ratified the 13th Amendment to the US Constitution: on 16th March, 1995. What did the Amendment abolish: Prohibition, Slavery, or Women’s Right to Vote?
A5)        Slavery.
Here’s a thought … 
“I am certain in my heart that ‘all that I am,’ I have received from God.”
Saint Patrick, in his Letter to Coroticus.
And a Lorica …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.






*        What on EARTH is slicing, Trevor?   I’m assuming it’s not bubble sorting … ?

†        Right, gotcha, Olga.   If I recall correctly, German uses something similar: at least for the half hour.   It uses half to two, rather than half past one.   At least, I think it does: I’ve got dim and distant memories of Frau Volgemuth teaching us!
I got the call … !   :D
Politics!   And four Vice Presidents!   Yoicks!   Over here?   One (Conservative) MP has read a lot of leaked emails in the House of Commons: about how much Nicola Sturgeon the Scottish government know about the Alex Salmond harassment case.   The Scottish elections are due in May: and the Tories want to make sure the SNP loses.

‡        Hello, Mum!

^        I’ll have to try and keep an eye ope for it, Debbi.   Saying that … ?   The Apple TV app’s got Léon on offer!   Natalie Portman’s best job, Gary Oldman was a dribbling LOON, and Reno as Léon?   Well … !


ª        Blimey!   I never knew Liza and Lorna had a brother!   Thank you, Edith, I learn something new every day!

5 comments:

Freda said...

1 Nigeria
2 Holy Trinity
3 Stout
4 Scales
5 Green

trev-v said...

A1 Nigeria
A2 the Holy Trinity
A3 Stout --- (a drink of last resort.)
A4 scales
A5 Green (Do not wear Orange)

Happy St Gertrude's Day! She is patron saint of cats

Since the Pandemic you no longer sign for parcels. The postman signs to say he has delivered.

Here is a little some thing on Slicing in computing.

https://www.programiz.com/python-programming/methods/built-in/slice


Olga said...

Q1) Nigeria

Q2) the Holy Trinity

Q3) stout

Q4) Scales

Q5) Green
It sounds as if politics are becoming "entertaining" everywhere. Good news about the call. I hope it gets there soon. Stay safe.

Debbi said...

I love that movie. I think I may have reviewed it.

1. Nigeria
2. the Holy Trinity
3. stout
4. scales
5. green

OMG! I have not reviewed that one. Gary Oldman's performance is priceless! And Natalie Portman. I mean, wow! :) I'll have to do a write-up on that one.

Edith said...

1. Nigeria
2. Holy Trinity
3. Ale
4. Scales
5. Green

You are welcome. I have learned so much from your daily teaser.