Friday 1 October 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 1-10-2021: Disney World

1st October, 2021.


Hmmm … 

It’s officially official … I have a meeting: with the Shaw Trust, the charity handling the Work and Health programme I’m on.

It’ll be one of the last: as it’s due to end this month.

How helpful has it been … ?

Well … 

I’ve still not found a job.

But have to give them credit for enthusiasm, if nothing else.

~≈Ω≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Trevor†, Edith‡, Mum^ and Debbiª putting in their answers: with Trevor, Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, Edith on three and Mum on two.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        Disney World opened on 1st October: of which year of the 1970s?

Q2)        It’s in the US state: Florida, California or Oregon?

Q3)        Disney’s OTHER US theme park is Disneyland.   Disneyland is in which US state: Florida, California or Oregon?

Q4)        The first theme park part of Disney World is called what: EPCOT, the Magic Kingdom or Disney Springs?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Which part of Disney World is an officially accredited zoo?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        30th September, 1968, saw a plane shown to the public for the first time.   Which plane: the Airbus A380, the Boeing 747 or the Lockheed C5 Galaxy?
A1)        The Boeing 747.

Q2)        30th September, 1947, saw the birth of singer, Mark Feld.   He was better known how: Alvin Stardust, Marc Bolan or Noddy Holder?
A2)        Marc Bolan.

Q3)        Singer-songwriter, Trey Anastasio was born on 30th September, 1964.   He’s a co-founder of a band called what: Phrog, Phish, or Phrankie goes to Dollywood?
A3)        Phish.

Q4)        Tennis player, Martina Hingis was born on 30th September 1980.   In which country: Czechoslovakia, Switzerland or the USA?
A4)        Despite being Swiss? Czechoslovakia.

Q5)        Finally … ?   The first American football game to be televised, was broadcast on 30th September of which year: 1938, 1939 or 1940?
A5)        1939.
Here’s a quote … 
“In 2018, Walt Disney World was the most visited vacation resort in the world, with an average annual attendance of more than 58 million.”
From the Wikipedia entry on Disney World.
And a playlist: I make no apologies for including Toni Basil …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

The quizmaster’s decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.






*        You’re not wrong there, Olga.   I get the feeling employers like to see a bit more management speak, as well.   (The last few people to review my CV said there were two many fonts, used: it still gets me phone calls, if nothing else.)
        I’ve spoken my Job Centre case worker, about that fund: she’s going to keep an eye open on it.   My local councillors … weren’t helpful … 

        I’d imagine air traffic wasn’t as busy as it is now, Trevor.   Esecially when outside the petrol station.   (Oh … and my pharmacist tells me I get get the ’Flu jab, there.   Which is handy.)

        I was wondering where you were, Edith: to the point I checked the Comments page, when I noticed the email alert hadn’t come through.   Unfortunately, Google has this bad habit of eating comments, some time.   To be fair, it’s the first times its happened for several years.   I just hope todays songs make up for it!

^        Hello, Mum!

ª        Oh, don’t get me started on T-Rex, Debbiº!   Cue the music … !


º        As far as I can tell, Debbi, you don’t look like a zebra!


6 comments:

trev-v said...

A1 1971
A2 Florida
A3 California
A4 Magic Kingdom
A5 Disney's Animal Kingdom

Back then there was almost no overnight landings and there was an early morning rush hour of planes landing as I caught my rush hour tube train into central London.

Also back then London only had 3 Airports :- London Heathrow, London Gatwick and London Luton airports. We now have the two extra Essex ones :- London Stanstead and London Southend plus London City.

The only two that I have not flown from are London Southend and London City.

Olga said...

Q1) 1971

Q2) Florida

Q3) California

Q4) The Magic Kingdom

Q5) Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Keep us posted on any updates on the fund. I have to cover a mineral and fossil expo today for the radio and we have the whole team photo on Sunday (and there's a medieval fair nearby on Saturday, although that's not a bit of news for the radio, as they'll have a stall there, but I'm not working that day), so it's going to be busy.
Take care. Oh, and I'm intrigued about the zebra comment?

Edith said...

1. 1978
2. Florida
3. California
4. Magic Kingdom
5. Disney Springs


It is okay Paul. I understand. Relax.

Debbi said...

Thank you! I think. :)

I'm more like an overdressed hedgehog. I have no idea what I mean by that. :)

1. 1971
2. Florida
3. California
4. the Magic Kingdom
5. Disney's Animal Kingdom

There could be a future in writing nonsense poetry. I should try it out, eh? :)

Debbi said...

I must say, I did have a HUGE crush on Marc Bolan back in the day!

How did he know?!!! :)

Freda said...

1 1976
2 Florida
3 California
4 Epcot
5 magick kingdom