Saturday 9 October 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 9-10-2021: Abraham

9th October, 2021.


Yes: it’s officially official.   SO official that I’m officially announcing it’s official.

Yes: I have to stay indoors.

I’ve got an engineer due to do my gas safety check.

Oh, and my GP’s due to phone: for a medication review.

Granted, I’ve got a knee strengthening set if exercises to do.

But, lord, it would be nice to be able to go for a walk … !

~≈fi≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, MumEdith‡ and Debbi^ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, Mum on four and Edith on two.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        According to the Roman Catholic Church, 9th October is the feast day of Abraham, the Biblical patriarch.   Abraham is generally considered the founder of which religion: Judaism, Christianity or Islam?

Q2)        Three religions are known — in Abraham’s honour — as Abrahamic religions.   Name one of those religions.

Q3)        Abraham was said to have been born where: Ur, Damascus or Egypt?

Q4)        Abraham’s story is told in which book of the Bible: Genesis, Acts or Revelations?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Abraham was given the Promised Land.   The Promised Land was also known as the Land of Milk and what?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        8th October, 1076, saw Demetrius Zvonimir crowned as king.   Of where: Croatia, Slovenia or Slovakia?
A1)        Croatia.

Q2)        8th October, 1871, saw the start of a fire.   In which US city: Chicago, New York or Seattle?
A2)        Chicago.

Q3)        Extinction Rebellion blockaded Leinster House: on 8th October, 2019.   Leinster House is the Parliament building in which European country?
A3)        The Republic of Ireland.

Q4)        Thomas Duncan died on 8th October, 2014.   He was the first person in the US to die of what: COVID 19, Ebola or HIV/AIDS?
A4)        Ebola.

Q5)        Finally … ? Juan Perón was born on 8th October, 1895.   He was President of where: Argentina, Brazil or Colombia?
A5)        Argentina.
Here’s a thought … 
“Now I, Abraham, built an altar in the land of Jershon, and made an offering unto the Lord, and prayed that the famine might be turned away from my father’s house, that they might not perish.”
From the Mormon Book of Abrahamª.
And some music …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

The quizmaster’s decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.





*        Yeah: Wikipedia really doesn’t have a clue about Croatia, Olga.   I usually try and mention these sorts of things on the Talk pages, if and when I spot them.
        Hang on, Speaker … and Deputy President … ?    Not at the same time, I hope!
        SO … Andalucians like to talk … ?   I’m not going to mention the Irish, Debbi’s got Irish ancestry lurking about!
        But yes: laws are’t necessarily the first thing we think of as beautiful … 

        Hello, Mum!

        I thought so, Edith!   I didn’t notice Russ Tamblyn in that piece, though.   I do know the last thing I saw him in were Twin Peaks, and West Side Story!   (Actually, Tony Beymer, who plays Riff’s deputy in West Side Story, also crops up in Twin Peaks.   He’s the hotel owner, I think.)


^        That it is Debbi, that it is!   (I’ve still got The Evil of the Daleks ripping, Debbi: I should soon have it ready to review … )

ª        By a (possibly) weird co-incidence?   The papyri that formed the basis of the Book of Abraham were lost in the Chicago Fire of 1871.   I’ll let you draw your own conclusions … 

4 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Judaism

Q2) Islam (Christianity and Judaism as well)

Q3) Ur

Q4) Genesis

Q5) Honey (not much of a promise for me, as I don’t like either).
She wasn't the house speaker, but she was the spokeswoman for the government, as such, although there were (and there still are, although she is no longer one of them) four deputy prime ministers, so it does not all fall on the same shoulders. (It's a coalition government, so I guess they had to be seen to split up the positions. In the end, with the pandemic and all that, we seemed to spend more time with the Health Minister and the expert in charge than with any of the others, but I guess that was a pretty unexpected turn of events. Although, expect the unexpected should be the motto these days.
I hope everybody turns up, and the calls take place as expected as well. It can be very frustrating when You're just waiting and can't do anything else. I have to attend a microtheatre performance this afternoon (and a mini-concert as well) for the radio, but it is outdoors, so let's hope the weather holds (it's quite cloudy at the moment).

Edith said...

1. Judaism
2. Christianity
3. Ur
4. Genasis
5. Honey

Mr. Beymer was in both projects.

Freda said...

1 Christianity
2 Judaism
3 Damascus
4 Genisis
5 Honey

Debbi said...

I sense a cover up! :) Kidding, folks! Although there could be a story in that. A fictional one! :)

1. Judaism
2. Islam
3. Ur
4. Genesis
5. Honey

I'd like to live in the Land of Milk and Honey West! And Mrs. Peel! :)