Sunday 10 May 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 10th May, 2020.

10th May, 2020.


You know, I’m actually feeling fairly good … 

After having a late night, watching a movie: the 2019 Bacurau.

Interesting watch, that!

Quite what I made of it I couldn’t tell you!

It’s something I looked out for, after seeing film critic Mark Kermode recommend it.


It’s interesting … 

I’m just not sure I’d’ve watched it, if he hadn’t mentioned it … 


~≈Ç≈~

Just as a sad bit of news?

Rock and roll legends, Little Richard has died … 

Is it me … ?

Or are legends leaving us at a rate of knots … ?

RIP, Reverend Penniman … !


I’m going to turn up the volume on that lot … 

~≈Ç≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, David† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring ten out of ten.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) Horch & Cie. Motorwagenwerke AG was founded: on 10th May, 1904.   It’s now better known as which car company: Audi, Mercedes Benz or Daimler?
Q2) 10th May, 1933, saw public book burnings arranged.   By whom: the Italian Fascists, the Nazis or the Spanish Falange?
Q3) 10th May, 1940, saw the UK invade where: Iceland, Greenland or Vanuatu?
Q4) 10th May, 1962, saw the first appearance of which rather angry comic book character?
Q5) Finally … ?   10th May, 1899, saw the birth of which dancer?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 9th May saw the birth of singer songwriter, Billy Joel.   In which year of the 1940s?
A1) 1949.
Q2) In which New York borough?
A2) The Bronx.
Q3) He’s informally known as the what man?
A3) The Piano Man.
Q4) Famously, that nickname is because Billy plays what: the guitar, piano or the Finnish Kantele … ?
A4) The piano.
Q5) Which of his album’s inspired his nickname: his fourth, third or second?
A5) His second: Piano Man.
Q6) His first solo album was called Cold Spring Harbour.   Which year of the 1970s was Cold Spring Harbour released?
A6) 1971.
Q7) “We came in spastic, like tameless horses.   We left in plastic, as numbered corpses.”   Those words are from which Billy Joel song?
A7) Goodnight, Saigon.   (Not long after I first heard Goodnight Saigon, someone I knew joined the army, and was posted to Afghanistan: when it was nasty.   He came back well enough … but I could never listen to the song in quite the same way.)
Q8) Joel’s most recent album, Fantasies and Delusions, was released in which year?
A8) 2001.
Q9) Billy’s second wife, Christine Brinkley, appears in the video for which 1983 Joel song?
Q10) Finally … ?   Billy has suffered with what, for many years: HIV/AIDS, pancreatic cancer or depression?
A10) Depression.
Here’s a thought …
“I can do anything you want me to do so long as I don’t have to speak.”
Linda Evangelista, born May 10, 1965.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Oh, boy, I know that shape of that one, Olga!   As for the car stickers … ?   I couldn’t tell you: but I’m assuming it was because it was easier to associate GB, Great Britain, with the UK, than ‘UK.’   Especially in 28 different languages! 

†        Morning, David … … … … … … …

‡        Glad to be of help, Debbi!   (And, yeah, the Finnish Kantele … Nina’s been giving me funny looks!   Apparently, it’s KARN tel el … … oh, and apparently I sound like I’m from Eastern Finland …)

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Audi
Q2) The Nazis
Q3) Iceland
Q4) The Incredible Hulk
Q5) Fred Astaire
I forever remember the pronunciation of United Kingdom in French from the Eurovision rounds of voting (if something convinced me I'd never be able to speak French with a proper French accent was that). I wonder about all the deaths. I'm sure the strain on healthcare services due to Coronavirus can't be helping either, but they seem to come in clusters.

trev-v said...


It is only VI days to my LXXII birthday and so I can only answer 5 questions a day.

A1 Audi

A2 Nazis

A3 Iceland

A4 The Hulk (The Incredible Hulk)

A5 Fred Astaire

Debbi said...

Oh, dear. We can't have that, can we? :)

1. Audi
2. the Nazis
3. Iceland
4. The Incredible Hulk
5. Fred Astaire

BTW, finally caught the first episode of El Tiempo de Ministerio. Hope I spelled that right. Wow! Very good. Um ... ¡Muy bien! :)