Thursday 28 May 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 28-5-2020: Kylie

28th May, 2020.


Right …

Firstly?   In addition to a new potato masher?

I now have new teatowels!

Which is helpful.

Frankly, the old lot, however clean I tried to get them, were … well … stained … !

So new ones are welcome.

~≈†≈~

The email, on the other hand … ?

A couple of days ago, I saw an article or two on the BBC’s news site: about how schools and children’s care homes were having issues, sourcing computers and internet connections?

And how the unemployed were having similar issues?

One thing I have managed to do is write and send an email to Essex County Council.

At least, put in a Freedom of Information request about it.



I’ve also writing something similar that I could send to internet service providers: to see what they can offer to the unemployed.

Hopefully, I’ll get a quick reply …

Or, at least, quick enough to make something of the subject.


~≈†≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Trevor† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1) 28th May saw the birth of singer, and actress, Kylie Minogue.   In which year was she born?
Q2) She was born and raised in which Australian city: Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide?
Q3) 1989’s Disco in Dream was the name of Kylie’s first what: album, tour or TV show?
Q4) 1988’s Kylie was the name of Kylie’s first what: album, tour or TV show?
Q5) Who did Kylie play in Neighbours?
Q6) She appeared in her first film in 1989.   What was that film: Moulin Rouge, Street Fighter or The Delinquents?
Q7) Which 1987 song was Kylie’s first internationally successful single: I Should Be So Lucky, Got to be Certain or Je ne sais pas pourquoi?
Q8) Kylie’s second single was a cover of which Little Eva song?
Q9) 2001 saw Kylie release her best selling single.   What IS that single?
Q10) Finally … ?   She was due to play Glastonbury in 2005.   She played Glastonbury with the Scissor Sisters in 2010.   When did she play the Sunday Night Legends slot at Glastonbury?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1) 27th May, 1153, saw Malcolm 4th named as king of Scotland.   He was known as Malcolm the what: Malcolm, Mint or Maiden?
A1) Maiden.
Q2) King John was crowned: on 27th May, 1199.   How many English kings have been called John?
A2) One: just him.
Q3) 27th May, 2018, saw flooding hit the Patapsco Valley.   The Valley is in which US state?
A3) Maryland.
Q4) 27th May is the feast of Saint Bruno of Würzburg.   The city of Würzburg is now in which modern European state: Germany, Austria or the Czech Republic?
A4) Germany.
Q5) Finally … ?   27th May, 1935, saw the birth of actress, Lee Meriweather.   Who did she play in the 1960s series, Batman?
A5) Catwoman.
Here’s a thought …
“I don’t have to try to be a sex bomb, I am one!”
Kylie Minogue.
And a playlist …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        Oh, line numbering!   Got you, Olga!   I’ve just had a look myself: you’re right, it’s not there.   Pages doesn’t do it, either, which could be awkward for me.   But LibreOffice does^, you’ll be glad to hear: your students should be able to copy and paste from there into Google Docs.   As for the Ministry?   There’s still no sign of an international release!   Aaaaggghhh!   I swear, I’d camp outside TVE’s HQ … if I thought it would do any good!   And I’m glad I could help on the Youtube front.   As a final piece of sad news?   Larry Kramer’s died

†        Play fair, Trevor … a lot of the time, that’s where punters would turn up late!   Ahem!   At any rate?   I’m glad the masher turned up: now all I have to do is wait for The Abominable Snowman!   And a jug.

‡        Oh, lord, yes.   Did you know the show’s destroyed Atlantis, twice, Debbi?   In The Underwater Menace, and The Time Monster?   As for The War Machines … ?   Actually, now I think of it, that could well have been the basis for the later UNIT stories.   (Oh, I hear the launch has had a setback … )

^        It’s in the Tools Menu on the Mac and Ubuntu version, Olga: it should be in same place on Windows.

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1968
Q2) Melbourne
Q3) Tour
Q4) Album
Q5) Charlene Robinson
Q6) The Delinquents
Q7) I Should Be So Lucky
Q8) Locomotion
Q9) Can’t Get You Out of My Head
Q10) 2019
Oh, so sad about Larry Kramer. I hadn't heard about it. Thanks for the tips. I did manage to find it on Word, but that was after trying all kinds of things to make it work on GoogleDocs. Oh well!
I hope they listen to your suggestions and comments. They should. You're doing the right thing. Good work.

Debbi said...

It did, but has been rescheduled, so we'll see how it goes. :)

1. 1968
2. Melbourne
3. tour
4. album
5. Charlene Robinson
6. The Delinquents
7. I Should Be So Lucky
8. The Loco-Motion
9. Can't Get You Out of My Head
10. 2019