Saturday 11 June 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 11th June, 2022

11th June, 2022.


I have a weird class of dreams, sometimes.

Or possibly a dreamy class of weirdness … 

At any rate, I dream: we all do.

And, like most of us, don’t necessarily remember the in the morning.

Occasionally, I do.

I did, last night.

I dreamt I was trying to hold my front door shut, against someone trying to get into my flat: whilst yelling “Get out, get out, get out!”

Only to wake up at one-thirty in the morning, yelling “Get out, get out, get out!”, whilst rattling the bedstead.

I’m tempted to say I have no idea what’s going on.

I’m also thinking that the last dream I remember having — someone who looked vaguely like Mitch Pileggi was trying to climb into my back window — was about my flat getting invaded.

I think the rough sleeper I had back in 2020?


Has left a few mental scars.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        Denmark adopted its flag as its merchant ensign: on 11th June, 1748.   The flag is a white cross on what colour background: red, white or blue?

Q2)        11th June, 2022, is a Saturday.   According to the old rhyme, Saturday’s child does what for a living?

Q3)        Edwin Armstrong gave the first demonstration of a new type of broadcast carrier wave: on 11th June, 1935.   Which carrier wave: FM, AM or UHT?

Q4)        Eight Soviet military leaders were tried and executed on the night of 11th June, 1937.   During a period known as the Great what: Purge, Urge or Splurge?

Q5)        11th June, 1962, saw Frank Morris, Clarence Anglin and John Anglin apparently escape from a prison.   Which prison: Wandsworth, Alcatraz, Ryker’s Island or Belmarsh?
Yesterday’s answers are in today’s video.

Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        10th June, 1921, saw the birth of Prince Phillip: late husband of the Queen.   He was also known as the Duke of where: Aberdeen, Edinburgh or Glasgow?
A1)        Edinburgh.

Q2)        Judy Garland was born on 10th June, 1922.   Her first film contract was with which studio: Universal, MGM or Disney?
A2)        MGM.

Q3)        10th June, 1911, saw the birth of playwright, Terence Rattigan.   His play, The Sleeping Prince was filmed as The Prince and the what?
A3)        The Prince and the Showgirl.

Q4)        10th June, 1908, saw the birth of actor, Barry Morse.   He played Dr Victor Bergman in which Anderson series: Thunderbirds, Space: 1999 or UFO?
A4)        Space: 1999.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Maurice Sendak was born on 10th June, 1928.   His book, Where the Wild Things Are was published in which year of the 1960s?
A5)        1963.   I have vague memories of reading In the Night Kitchen, and thinking it strange.
Here’s a thought … 
“I’m going to tell you what my religion is.   Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.   Period.   Terminato.   Finito.”
Gene Wilder, June 11, 1933 – August 29, 2016.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

The quizmaster’s decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.






*        Hello, Mum!

        Yes, I think I’d be interested, Olga: although it would probably take me a while to work through the translation.   Pegasus is notorious!   The section on Spain on the Wikipedia article isn’t extensive … but DOES give the Catalonian Independence movement a mention.
        I get the impression Pegasus has only just recently started to show up on Android devices: and originally used on iPhones.   I don’t know if it could be used on/against a Mac, or a PC … but having an Android phone … ?   Well … 
        I’ve got things in motion, on the appeal front.   From what I’m told, it’s a tribunal, rather than a magistrate, per-se.   I should be getting a phone call on Monday … 

        Oh, very true, Debbi.   Much as I’d love to own my flat, I’d never be able to pay for boiler repairs!
        Actually, Tennent, Capaldi and McCoy are relatively mild.   And a certain Mr Gatwa’s even milder.   (His family fled Rwanda in the 1990s, and wound up in Edinburgh.   I think he’s spent time in London, as well: I’m hearing vague traces of an MLE accent.)



3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) red

Q2) works hard (Now I’m thinking about the song... She works hard for the money...)

Q3) FM

Q4) Purge

Q5) Alcatraz
Good luck on the appeal's front. Oh, I'm sure I have it somewhere, but just in case, if you can share your e-mail on Twitter DM, I'll send you a copy of the document. I switch my phone off every evening (unless I am expecting a call, and it hasn't happened yet, thankfully), and I've read that is quite helpful, but I just think it's good to restart things every so often.

Freda said...

1 Red
2 Works hard for a living.
3 FM
4 Purge
5 Alcatraz

Debbi said...

He has a great voice! I love his attitude, too.

1. red
2. works hard
3. FM
4. Purge
5. Alcatraz

He'll be a great Doctor!