Thursday 4 August 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 4th August, 2022

4th August, 2022.


It’s officially official: my landlord’s been in touch.

About the little incident, last Thursday.

There were one or two other things, as well.

But that attack was the main thing: given it’s the second time the resident concerned has been attacked.

I wanted to ask out Neighbourhood officer if the person could be moved.

Whatever it is he’s up to?   He’s not safe around here.

Her opinion … ?

Was that Clarion could offer him what’s called a Management Moveif he asked for one.

Popular opinion?   Thinks he won’t ask.   I think opinion may have a point.

I can only hope the victim proves us wrong, though.

A third attack on his doorstep could leave him dead.

~≈Ê≈~

Briefly moving on … ?

I thought I’d let you know I’ve seen The Dive: the next episode of Stranger Things fourth series.

Feel free to like the video version of the review!


~≈Ê≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.



Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        4th August is Barack Obama Day: in which US states?

Q2)        4th August is the Feast day of Saint Sithney.   He’s the patron saint of mad dogs: and a village called Sithney.   Where IS Sithney: Somerset, Devon or Cornwall?

Q3)        4th August, 2020, saw two hundred people killed when barrels of ammonium nitrate exploded.   In which Lebanese city: Beirut, Zahle or Tripoli?

Q4)        4th August, 1944, saw Marshal Mannerheim named as President of where: Denmark, Finland or Norway?

Q5)        Finally … ?   4th August, 1789, saw France abolish what: the monarchy, feudalism or the Committees of Public Safety?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        3rd August is the Feast of Nicodemus.   He appear in which of The Four Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke or John?
A1)        John.   (Apparently? He was a pharisee.)

Q2)        Nestorius — the man behind Nestorianism — was exiled on 3rd August, 435AD.   Nestorianism was a set of beliefs in which religion: Islam, Judaism or Christianity?
A2)        Christianity.

Q3)        Firestone was founded on 3rd August, 1900.   It makes what: tyres, windows or nuclear generators?
A3)        Tyres: or tires if you’re feeling American.

Q4)        The Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty was ratified by the US Senate: on 3rd August, 1972.   The treaty was between the US and where: China, the USSR or North Korea?
A4)        The USSR.

Q5)        Finally … ?   3rd August is the Feast day of Saint Waltheof of Melrose.   The Melrose in question is where: England, Northern Ireland, Wales or Scotland?
A5)        Scotland.
Here’s a thought … 
“This is the worst president ever. He is the worst president in all of American history.”
Helen Thomas, August 4, 1920 – July 20, 2013.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        It’s OK, Olga: most of the delay’s technological.   But cheers for asking!   I’ve been doing a lot of ripping, recently: that always slows things down!  I also had a couple of (rare) kernel panics, crashes, yesterday, as well.   I think the first was caused by whatever affected my TV.   The second was just a case of overheating … I think!   (I’ve a blu-ray drive hooked up to my Mac: that didn’t show up, after an initial restart, either.   Rebooting helped.)      
        He is at that: the news is getting stranger and stranger.   It’s a serious shame, though: there’s a lot of newer comedians get a start on it!   Still: QI, and Have I got News For You are both still going.


†        Hello, Mum!

        Very true, Debbi, very true!   Oh … did I mention I had a couple of kernel panics, yesterday?   That’s always a worry.

5 comments:

Freda said...

1 Illinois
2 Cornwall
3 Beirut
4 Finland
5 Monarchy

trev-v said...

your headline date is a month out. It is not 4th July today. I wonder if any Americans will notice the date.

Olga said...

Q1) Illinois (It seems Perry County, in Alabama, celebrate Barack Obama Day the second Monday of November). (Ah, and in Kenya on Nov. 6th, but that’s definitely not a state of the United States (yet).

Q2) Cornwall. (Ah, here he is).

Q3) Beirut

Q4) Finland

Q5) Feudalism
Good news on QI (I love it) and Have I Got News for You. All of them depend on the guests, but they offer a good way to see a side of (famous) people you don't always get to see.
Good to know it was nothing serious. I don't know if you saw the article I shared with you on Twitter through DM. As I said, I am sure you are familiar with all the advice there, but as it talked about both, Macs and PCs, I thought it might be worth your having a look.
I remember when I moved into my street in Penistone, there was a family who was a hassle. I don't think they were living in council accommodation, as there was none in the street, but I don't know what their circumstances were (unless the council had taken the house over or was dealing directly with the owner), but they were moved on pretty soon. (I don't think they had any weird businesses going on, but it was a single mother with several small kids who never seemed to go to school or be well looked after, and I think they intervened eventually. It is complicated if the council has to wait until the person asks to be moved, but I would have imagined they have some responsibility to ensure their safety. Fingers crossed no more incidents occur.

Nik Nak said...

Cheers, Trevor

Debbi said...

Funny, I don't notice anything amiss. :)

You changed it, right?

1. Illinois
2. Cornwall (West Cornwall)
3. Beirut
4. Finland
5. feudalism