Thursday 15 December 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 15th December 2022

15th December, 2022.


Right … Thursdays … 

It’s a Thursday: and?

I’ve got a repair man due: to fix the bathroom door.

It’s not shutting: and hasn’t since the summer.

Why?   I don’t know.

But suspect the heat of the summer has caused a certain amount of warping.

So … ?

I’ve got a repair man coming, today.

On top of that … ?

I’ve got a Zoom meeting: one one of my weight loss programmes.

What’s the betting the repairman turns up during the meeting … ?

~≈Ω≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        15th December is Homecoming Day.   Where: Guernsey, Jersey, Alderney or Sark?

Q2)        Adam Brody was born: on 15th December, 1979.   He played Jerry in which 2020 film: The Kid Detective, Promising Young Woman or The Last Blockbuster?

Q3)        15th December, 1945, saw General MacArthur order Shinto be abolished.   As the state religion of where: China, Burma or Japan?

Q4)        15th December, 1960, saw Richard Pavlick arrested.   For plotting to assassinate whose: John F. Kennedy, Robert F. Kennedy or Richard M. Nixon?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Reactor №3 was shut down: on 15th December, 2000.   Reactor №3, where: Chernobyl, Three Mile Island or Calder Hall?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        14th December is (unofficially) Monkey Day.   Monkeys are what: primates, rodentia or Chiroptera?
A1)        Primates.

Q2)        Are lemurs, monkeys?
A2)        No.   (They’re related: as they’re primates. But they’re not the same type of primates.)

Q3)        Monkeys are simians.   As are what: apes, anteaters or antelopes?
A3)        Apes.

Q4)        Monkey is a sign in the Chinese zodiac.   Where’s the next Year of the Monkey: 2024, 2026 or 2028?
A4)        2028.   (If you’re born in 2028, or 1968, you’re an Earth Monkey. Apparently.)

Q5)        Finally … ?   Pierre Boulle wrote the novel know in the UK as Monkey Planet.   It’s inspired at least two films called Planet of the what?
A5)        Planet of the Apes.
Here’s a thought … 
“If you can count your money, you don’t have a billion dollars.”
Jean Paul Getty, December 15, 1892 – June 6, 1976.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.






*        From what I remember, Olga?   If you take the first half hour of the 1968 film, use the ending of the 2001, Tim Burton, version, and make the Planet look like a 21st Century one … you get something that looks like the book.   But it’s been a while since I’ve read it!
        We’ll have to see what happens to the voucher, tomorrow: the sooner it gets here, the happier I’ll be.   Saying that?   There’s another postal strike, next week.   And there’s a nurse’s strike, today: it’s literally a first for the RCN.
        I’ll keep mine crossed for you, too, Olga.   Hopefully, you won’t need it!

        Hello, Mum!

        I certainly try, Debbi: hopefully, Sunday’s will be short.   That’s ten question set about Michael Moorcock.   (I couldn’t resist a ten question set, there.   Everyone forgets him, which is sad: I think he had a big influence.)

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Alderney

Q2) Promising Young Woman

Q3) Japan

Q4) John F. Kennedy

Q5) Chernobyl
Fingers crossed on the voucher front and I hope you don't have a clash between the meeting and the repair man, but yes, I know how these things work.
The interview went OK, although I left my glasses at home, but, thankfully I didn't need them for that.
This afternoon I'm already on duty helping get the place ready for tomorrow's Radio Christmas dinner (it is not at a restaurant but at one of the local facilities run by the local government (the same place where I went for the interview yesterday), so we have to do everything ourselves, and tomorrow we will help with some of the food preparation as well (not the cooking, but salads, sweets, setting up plates...). So, I'm going to be busy, and then Sunday with the radio programme in the morning and the telethon in the evening. I hope to have a bit of a break on Saturday, and I will try to visit when I can. I think Sunday will the the trickiest day, but do not worry if I don't appear much these few days.

Freda said...

1 Alderney
2 The Kid Detective
3 Japan
4 John F Kennedy
5 Chernobyl

Debbi said...

That's cool. :)

1. Alderney
2. Promising Young Woman
3. Japan
4. John F. Kennedy
5. Chernobyl