Friday 16 December 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 16th December 2022.

16th December, 2022.


I’m am vaguely thankful!

Why?

Because I had a visit form a carpenter, yesterday: here to sort out my bathroom door.

It took him all of ten minutes.

To shave of the bottom of the door frame, a door frame that had warped over the years.

I’m thankful it was an easy thing to do.

Now all I have to do … ?

Is sort out the bath … !

~≈🛁≈~

Drat!

I managed to miss the Today show’s interview with Daniel Craig: publicising his new film, Glass Onion, and talking about his time as James Bond.

I’ll catch it on BBC Sounds, later.

I also note that Henry Cavill won’t be re-joining The Witcher, or as Superman.

Apparently?

He’s in talks with Amazon: about a potential Warhammer 40, 000 series.

The man’s a noted fan of the game:


So that makes sense.

However … ?

I’m very aware he’d be perfect for Bond: the job’s free, right now … 


~≈🛁≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        16th December is the feast day of Saint Adelaide of Italy.   She was born in Orbe.   Orbe was in Upper Burgundy, but is now where: France, Italy or Switzerland?

Q2)        16th December is the Day of Reconciliation.   Where: South Africa, Mozambique or Rwanda?

Q3)        The Charlotte Jane and the Randolph arrived in Lyttelton Harbour: on 16th December, 1850.   The ships held the first English settlers, where: Australia, New Zealand or the Cook Islands?

Q4)        The Match of The Century took place on 16th December, 1905: between Wales and New Zealand.   The match was a game of what: the Eton Wall Game, Rugby Union or Australian Rules Football?

Q5)        Finally … ?    Exoplanet, GJ 1214 b, was discovered: on 16th December, 2009.   It’s the first known exoplanet said to contain what: gold, methane or water?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        15th December is Homecoming Day.   Where: Guernsey, Jersey, Alderney or Sark?
A1)        Alderney.

Q2)        Adam Brody was born: on 15th December, 1979.   He played Jerry in which 2020 film: The Kid Detective, Promising Young Woman or The Last Blockbuster?
A2)        Promising Young Woman.

Q3)        15th December, 1945, saw General MacArthur order Shinto be abolished.   As the state religion of where: China, Burma or Japan?
A3)        Japan.

Q4)        15th December, 1960, saw Richard Pavlick arrested.   For plotting to assassinate whose: John F. Kennedy, Robert F. Kennedy or Richard M. Nixon?
A4)        John F. Kennedy.   (I don’t know who said it first … but there’s that old line about only having to be lucky once … )

Q5)        Finally … ?   Reactor №3 was shut down: on 15th December, 2000.   Reactor №3, where: Chernobyl, Three Mile Island or Calder Hall?
A5)        Chernobyl.   (The series was superb!)
Here’s a thought … 
“Science has given us more lives than it has taken; we must remember that.”
From Self Portrait, by Phillip K. Dick, December 16, 1928 – March 2, 1982.
And a song: one co-writing by Benny Andersson.


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        I’m not going to expect it soon, Olga: but if it turns up, tomorrow, I’ll be grateful!   Actually, if I get any Christmas cards, I’ll be grateful!
        Thankfully?   The carpenter turned up after the Zoom meeting!   It only took him about ten minutes.
        I’ll keep my fingers crossed, Olga: we’ll see you when you’re here!   (Sunday’s a Ten question Set, if that’s a factor.)

        Hello, Mum!

‡        Did I tell you I’m reading A Legacy of Spies, Debbi?   It’s the last of Le Carré’s Smiley books, and utterly riveting!

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Switzerland

Q2) South Africa

Q3) New Zealand

Q4) Rugby Union

Q5) water
Good things didn't clash and you have a working door.
I am quite tired already, because just trying to organise the gifts, unload the vans, and set the tables for 200 people was a lot of work (I wasn't alone, of course, but there was still a fair amount of coming and going involved and some heavy lifting as well). This afternoon it should be mostly to do with the food. I'm not doing any cooking, but getting everything laid out, distributing portions and getting salads sorted is going to be interesting already. It is a fairly big venue, so perhaps some skates... (although considering the few times I tried skating I was a disaster at it, it might be better not to).
I am not sure about Sunday. It probably depends on how long it all lasts and how many things I have pending by the time I come back home, but, thankfully, I rearranged my class with Jordi and we'll do it on Tuesday, so I might be able to catch up on some rest on Monday.

Freda said...

1 Switzerland
2 Sth Africa
3 New Zealand
4 Rugby Union
5 Methane

Debbi said...

Sounds like one I need to get to. I love Le Carré's work. :)

1. Switzerland
2. South Africa
3. New Zealand
4. Rugby Union
5. water

Just finished an interview with an Australian author. It was 7 a.m. Saturday there.

Australia sounds pretty cool. I wish I could travel more.

BTW, the last part of "The Horror of Party Beach" includes some music I think you'll recognize. :)