Wednesday 7 December 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 7-12-2022 — Tom Waits.


7th December, 2022: Tom Waits.


Yes: it’s true: I’ve got to go into town, today: checking to see if some medications are ready, and organising a blood pressure check at the surgery.

Heigh ho!

The one thing that’s concerning?

Is the weather: it’s looking cold out!


It’s no wonder the Met Office are telling us to turn on the heating!

~≈♨️≈~

JUST as a thought … ?

My nephew, Jude, was over, last night.

And yes: videos were made.

Here’s Jude’s most recent;


You possibly realised already realised it would be a FIFA ’23 game, haven’t you?

To be fair?   He’s planning another Rocket League … as soon as some of his friends microphones start working!

~≈♨️≈~

And, of course, when I say ‘videos’?

Yes: I’ve finished my video review of The Abominable Snowmen, episode five: alongside the written version.


Feel free to hit the like button … !

~≈♨️≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga scoring five out of five, Debbi on four and Mum on three.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        7th December saw the birth of singer, composer, actor and songwriter, Tom Waits.   In which year of the 1940s?

Q2)        His first album — Closing Time — was released in which year of the 1970s?

Q3)        He covered Disney song, Heigh Ho, in 1988.   Heigh Ho comes from which Disney film: Frozen, Aladdin or Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs?

Q4)        He recorded the One from the Heart album for the film of the same name.   With whom: Dolly Parton, Crystal Gayle or Karen Carpenter?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Has Tom Waits had a UK number one single: yes, or no?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        6th December is the feast day of Saint Nicolas of Myra: also known as Saint Nicolas of Bari.   He’s the model for whom: Santa Claus, Black Peter or the Krampus?
A1)        Santa Claus.

Q2)        Actor, Peter Vaughan died on 6th December, 2016.   He played Genial Harry Grout in which series: Open All Hours, Porridge or The Magnificent Evans?
A2)        Porridge.   The series is an utter classic!

Q3)        The Irish Free State was established: on 6th December, 1922.   The state became a Republic, when: 1937, 1949 or 1961?
A3)        1949.   (The Republic of Ireland Act, that set the Republic up, went into Irish law in 1948.)

Q4)        Noel Clarke was born on 6th December, 1975.   He played AJ in which 2009 film: Adulthood, Heartless or Doghouse?
A4)        Heartless.

Q5)        Finally … ?   6th December, 1956, saw the birth of guitarist, Randy Rhodes.   He played guitar on whose first two solo albums: Bruce Dickinson’s, Ozzy Osbourne’s or Lemmy’s?
A5)        Ozzy Osbourne’s.   (From the little I’ve read?   One of Osbourne’s biggest regrets was not stopping Rhodes getting on the plane whose crash killed him.)
Here’s a thought … 
“Commercials are an unnatural use of my work … it’s like having a cow’s udder sewn to the side of my face.   Painful and humiliating.”
Tom Waits.
And the only Tom Waits album I own. …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        No central heating … ?!   I’ll be honest, Olga^, I don’t know how I’d manage!   Saying that?   I have most of my radiators turned down: I’m relying on an electric blanket to heat the bed up, of an evening!   (Tell Jordi not to fall over!)
        Yes, the Irish Constitution was adopted in ’37.   I think there were a lot of diplomatic manoeuvring to be done with the UK, before much else could happen: and the little matter of what the Irish referred to as The Emergency … 
        Oh, the news has just come through, Olga: about the train crash just outside Barcelona.   I hope you and yours aren’t on that!

        Hello, Mum!

        I think the world went nuts, several years ago, Debbi.   I just try to relax and enjoy it!   Oh … I’ve found a site that lets me send 5gb worth of files.   I’ll let you know if I send any thing with it!

^        Remember the Beast from the East, Olga?   This cold snap is already being called the Troll from Trondheim.

3 comments:

trev-v said...

Recheck your scores I think Olga is the only person with 5 correct answers.

Freda said...

1 1949
2 1973
3 Snow White and the 7 dwarfs
4 Dolly Paeton
5 No

Olga said...

Q1) 1949

Q2) 1973

Q3) Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Q4) Crystal Gayle. I am probably the only person who enjoyed the movie, but I did. I think I might have a copy somewhere.

Q5) No (or anywhere else for that matter). A bit unfair, but I guess when you do the music you like and ignore what is commercial, there you have it.
You have the finger on the pulse, Paul. I went out with my mother this morning and hadn't checked the news. It seems all the injuries are very minor, thankfully, and I don't think I'd know anybody travelling in that direction at that time of the day, but one never knows.
I hope it isn't too cold for you today. We're supposed to have slightly higher temperatures for a couple of days, but rain as well, so I'm not sure it will improve matters much. I'm off to the radio this afternoon, to edit the feature from las Friday, because tomorrow is another bank holiday. Not sure if we'll manage to fit anything else in at the rate we're going, although there are many things going on next week, including the Radio Christmas meal (and there is cake to celebrate the 25th anniversary as well).