Monday 5 December 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 5-12-2022 — Little Richard.

5th December, 2022: Little Richard.


Right … it’s Monday.

And?

I’ve got the heating on.

It’s cold!

And, frankly?

I’m hoping the weather outside will warm up.

I’ve got a meeting at the Job centre, today.

I’d hate to freeze on the way … !

~≈Ù≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.

The day also saw Trevor^ leaving us a message.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        5th December saw the birth of Little Richard.   In which year of the 1930s?

Q2)        He was known as the ‘what of rock and roll’: architect, builder or computer?

Q3)        Richard was inspired to play piano after hearing which song: Rocket 88, Heartbroken and Worried or My Heart Belongs to You?

Q4)        His first successful single was a 1955 record called what: Tutti Frutti, Long Tall Sally or Lucille?

Q5)        Finally … ?   He recorded a cover of the Beatles’ I Saw Her Standing There in 2006.   With whom: Dr John, Elton John, Billy Joel or Jerry Lee Lewis?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        4th December is the feast day of Saint Osmund.   He’s the patron saint of whom: mentally ill people, cess pit cleaners or Mormons?
A1)        Mentally ill people.

Q2)        The Mary Celeste was found adrift in the Atlantic Ocean: on 4th December, 1872.   The ship was a what: clipper, schooner or brigantine?
A2)        A brigantine.
Q3)        4th December, 1991, saw an airline cease operations.   Which airline: TWA, Pan Am or Laker?
A3)        Pan Am: also known as Pan American World Airways, and Pan American Airways.

Q4)        It’s National what Day in the US: National Cookie Day, National Beer Day or National Badger Day?
A4)        National Cookie Day.

Q5)        Finally … ?   At a concert in Montreux, on 4th December, 1971, a fan let off a flare: that burnt down the concert venue.   Deep Purple were witnesses to the event: and wrote Smoke on the Water as a result.   But?   Which band were playing the concert: Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention, the Mamas and the Papas or Led Zeppelin?
A5)        Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention.
Here’s a thought … 
“Wop-bop-a-loo-mop alop-bom-bom!”
Tutti Frutti, by Little Richard.
And some music …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.







*        Oooh … !   Cheers, Olga!   Nice to have some Salsa/Afro-beat fusion in the morning!   :D   They must have been something to catch live.   And I notice the bassist’s pregnant: good luck to her!
        Sunday went well: I think the scammers on Instagram were slowing down!   (One’s trying to message me now: dearie me!)
        At any rate, have a good day: and say ‘Hello,’ to Jordi for me, please!

†        Hello, Mum!

        Very true, Debbi: I finally managed to get my neighbours done, last night!   Apart from one or two people I don’t actually know.
        Glad you liked it, Debbi!   There’s a review floating around: but you knew that, didn’t you … ?   (There’s possibly a way of sending more: I’ll let you know … !)
        Oh … 4th December is National Cookie Day in the US … … … … … 

^        That reminds me, Trevor, I’ll have to check my Thunderball tickets on Wednesday.   (That sounds like quite a holiday!)

3 comments:

Freda said...

1 1932
2 Arctitect
3 Rocket 88
4 Tutti Frutti
5 Jerry Lee Lewis

Olga said...

Q1) 1932

Q2) Architect

Q3) Rocket 88

Q4) Tutti Frutti

Q5) Jerry Lee Lewis
Yes, even with the cold, the Karambas were quite fiery life.
I hope it doesn't get too cold there. Here it's still remaining cold but it's supposed to get a bit milder in the next couple of days.
Jordi is doing well. Slowly but surely.

Debbi said...

Had I known, I would've celebrated with an extra Jammie Dodger. Even though it's a biscuit. :) Well, cookie, biscuit ... either way, I'll take it.

1, 1932
2. architect
3. Rocket 88
4. Tutti Frutti
5. Jerry Lee Lewis