Sunday 26 November 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 26th November 2023.

26th November, 2023.


Right … thingummy do dah wossname YURT … !

On a more serious note … ?   At least, on a note that say “I got some sleep, last night … ?”

It’s finally Sunday?

And?

I have no major plans: beyond finishing my written and video reviews of The Star Beast: last night’s first 60th anniversary episode of Dr Who.

It’s an interesting watch, I think: but I’ll let you know more, later.

I will tell you this, though: the new credits look rather good … 


~≈Ç≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.

(It’s Shabbat, Mum, not Sabbath!)


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.


Q1)        According to the UN, 26th November is World Sustainable what day?

Q2)        26th is the feast day of Æthelwine of Athelney.   Athelney is in what’s now, where: Somerset, Gloucestershire or Kent?

Q3)        Southern Television’s broadcast was interrupted by some apparent aliens: on 26th November. 26th November of which year of the 1970s?

Q4)        The first British PM to address the Irish Parliament, did so on 26th November, 1998.   Who was the British PM?

Q5)        Finally … ?   DJ, Paul Burnett was born on 26th November, 1943.   He joined Radio 1: in which year of the 1970s?

Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 


Q1)        25th November, 2023 is a Saturday.   When was it last a Saturday: 2016, 2017 or 2018?
A1)        2017.

Q2)        Saturday was named by the Romans: after which planet?
A2)        Saturn.

Q3)        If you’re Jewish, Saturday is the holiest day of the week.   It’s known as the what: Shabbat, shizzle or sherbet?
A3)        Shabbat.

Q4)        The Saturdays are a girl group from where: the UK and Ireland, the USA or China?
A4)        The UK and Ireland.   (The only one I recognise is Frankie Saturday: why, I don’t know!)

Q5)        Finally … ?   Uptown Saturday Night was a film directed by Sydney Poitier.   It was released when: 1974, 1975 or 1976?
A5)        1974.

Here’s a thought …
“What unites us is a conviction that there is no mandate for no deal and the consequences for the economy and the country would be highly damaging.”
Hilary Benn, born 26 November 1953.
And a nod to the late Tina Turner …


  Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.



*        Hello, Mum!

        Someone’s going to enjoy it, Olga!   I usually buy them for myself: a tenner on the gift card is affordable, and lets me buy iCloud storage, rent some games, and buy an album or two!   (It’s 99p for 50gb: more than enough storage for me¶.)
        It sounds like someone had a good time!   :D

        I’ll keep my fingers crossed, Debbi!   :D
        At ANY rate … ?   There’s a gigabyte and a half sized, 1280*720 .mkv file heading your way.   You should be able to transcode it to mp4 with HandBrake, then edit the metadata with MetaZ and stream it to the AppleTV.   Or just play it with vlc.   Or stream it to the AppleTV with vlc.   Or, you know … wear it as a hat … 
        (I’m blowed if I know what’s in it … … … … … #DodgyBlokesInCarparks … )

        I’d dearly love to be using their 6 or 12 terabyte storage options, Olga: but I can make do, storing my iMovie library, and Youtube files, on the external drive.

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Transport day

Q2) Somerset

Q3) 1977

Q4) Tony Blair

Q5) 1974

I can imagine. I don't really need that much storage as I don't keep movies or anything too large, and documents don't take a lot of space. The hard drive I kept from my old computer and Google Drive are more than enough for me so far (thankfully). I'm struggling to keep up with coursework at the moment. Now most of it is to do with actual design, and I know nothing about, so making any changes to my mockup takes me quite a while (less than when I started, mind you), but still hours of work for not a too fancy result... In any case, we shall keep going, although it might take me a bit longer to get through these bits.

Freda said...

1 Transport
2 Somerset
3 1977
4 Tony Blair
5 1974

Debbi said...

Thanks, Paul! Got it. Got my first smile of the day with that hashtag.

#DodgyBlokesInCarparks LOL!

1. Transport
2. Somerset
3. 1977
4. Tony Blair
5. 1974