Monday 27 November 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 27th November 2023

27th November, 2023.


Right … it’s a definite!

I’m both tired: and up early!

Yep: it’s Monday.   So it’s weight management group day.

I’m walking there, in the rain.

Which is something to look forward to!

I’m tired … because of late nights and early morning!

Yes: I finally finished my written and video reviews of The Star Beast!

Feel free to share the video version, folks!


~≈Ô≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.

The day also saw Trevor§ leaving us a message, here.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.


Q1)        27th November is the feast day of Clovis 1st.   Clovis was the first king of which unified group: the Franks, Keiths or Normans?

Q2)        27th November is Lancashire Day.   ‘Lancashire’ is usually abbreviated to what: Lancs, Northants or Oxon?

Q3)        L. Sprague de Camp was born on 27th November, 1907.   He famously continued the Conan stories that were originally written by whom: R. E. Howard, J. R. R. Tolkien or Michael Moorcock?

Q4)        Ernie Wise was born on 27th November, 1927.   He was the comedy partner for who: Eric Morecambe, Tommy Cooper or Sid James?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Alec Newman was born on 27th November, 1974.   He played Juttner in which film: The Marine 6: Close Quarters, Where Hands Touch or Mary Anning?

Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 


Q1)        According to the UN, 26th November is World Sustainable what day?
A1)        World Sustainable Transport Day.

Q2)        26th is the feast day of Æthelwine of Athelney.   Athelney is in what’s now, where: Somerset, Gloucestershire or Kent?
A2)        Somerset.

Q3)        Southern Television’s broadcast was interrupted by some apparent aliens: on 26th November. 26th November of which year of the 1970s?
A3)        1977.

Q4)        The first British PM to address the Irish Parliament, did so on 26th November, 1998.   Who was that PM?
A4)        Tony Blair.

Q5)        Finally … ?   DJ, Paul Burnett was born on 26th November, 1943.   He joined Radio 1: in which year of the 1970s?
A5)        1974.

Here’s a thought …
“I once read that the Devil studied Basque for seven years and only learned two words.”
From The Lamp, by L. Sprague de Camp, November 27, 1907 – November 6, 2000.
And some music …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.







*        “Not too fancy” is possibly a good thing, Olga.   I have to use the UK government’s .gov site, to use my Job Centre journal: and the design is very easy on the eye.   It’s supposed to be accessed on as many devices as possible, and easily used by people who aren’t computer literate.   It’s nice and simple: and uses four colours at the most.   At any rate, good luck with it!
        (Oh, I always keep an eye on my media collection: the raw footage for December’s Teasers comes in at seventy odd gigabytes.   Don’t ask about the Dr Who collection!)


        Hello, Mum!

        I’m glad I could help, Debbi … !   🤣   At any rate?   I’ve done a review of the episode, if you’re interested.   And mentioning High Streets always makes me think of this song … 


§        Hang on, Trevor, you’re saying you’re Tommy Vance?   I’m impressed.   And did you mean Pauline?   Paula?   Blonde woman, looked a bit like Emily Joyce?
        Play fair, Trevor.   Most of the pro reviewers — the ’papers, magazines, pro fan sites¶ — tend to get early access: so they can get a flattering review out on the day.   I tend not to read them until after I publish mine: so I can avoid being influenced.

        WhoCulture and Tharries had theirs up, quick.

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) the Franks

Q2) Lancs

Q3) R. E. Howard

Q4) Eric Morecambe. (I think you got the year wrong. It was 1925)

Q5) Where Hands Touch
I hope today's meeting goes well.
Yes, I prefer things sites and Apps (not that I use that many) that are simple and not too distracting. It seems that it has become fashionable to have animated headings on websites, but I can't see myself doing anything like that any time soon. Although, if I get there, the next thing we're expected to design is a website (that, somehow, feels more natural to me, as I've had several blogs and a website already). We shall see.

Freda said...

1 Norman's
2 Lancs
3 RE Howard
4 Eric Morcombe
5 Where Hands Touch

Debbi said...

Helps to get those advance streamers, doesn't it? :)

Speaking of which, I have a holiday movie to review.

I'll get it up there. Eventually. Before Christmas! :)

1. the Franks
2. Lancs
3. R.E. Howard
4. Eric Morecambe
5. Where Hands Touch