Tuesday 7 November 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 7th December 2023.

7th November, 2023.


It’s official: I had a bad Monday.

Yep me saying I had a hospital appointment?   In dear ol’ sunny Basildon … ?

Ha!

It turns out it was supposed to be a phone appointment!

Which I only found out … when the person doing the thing phoned me when I was at Basildon Bus Station!

I wish they’d bloody well mentioned that in the text message they sent me!

~≈🚏≈~

Just as a quick thing … ?

There’s another video on the Postcards From a Wet Rock channel.


I can’t think who’s in it!

~≈🚏≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on two.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.


Q1)        7th November, 2021, saw the death of Dean Stockwell.  He played Brother Cavil in which science fiction series: Quantum Leap, Enterprise or Battlestar Galactica?

Q2)        7th November is International Inuit Day.   A majority of the USA’s Inuit live where: Alaska, Arizona or Arkansas?

Q3)        Leon Trotsky was born on 7th November, 1879.   He founded what: the Red Army, the KGB or the Communist International?

Q4)        7th November is the feast day of Saint Engelbert of Berg: traditionally depicted holding a crosier.     What is a crosier: a bishop’s hat, a bishop’s staff or a bishop’s ceremonial robes?

Q5)        Finally … ?   The first meteorite with a known date of landing hit a field outside the village of Ensisheim. Where is Ensisheim: France or Germany?

Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 


Q1)        According to the UN, 6th November is the International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of what in War and Armed Conflict: children, the environment or women?
A1)        The environment.

Q2)        6th November is marked as Gustavus Adolphus Day, in Sweden, Finland and where: Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania?
A2)        Estonia.   (There’s a pastry.)

Q3)        Meet the Press is regarded as the world’s longest running TV show.   It started on 6th November of which year of the 1940s?
A3)        1947.

Q4)        Kelly Rutherford was born on 6th November, 1968.   She played played Lola Barnes. In which 1994 film: ’Tis a Gift to Be Simple, I Love Trouble or Amberwaves?
A4)        Amberwaves.

Q5)        Finally … ?   6th November, 1948, saw the birth of Glenn Frey.   He was a founding member of which band: the Hawkes, the Eagles or the Emus?
A5)        The Eagles.

Here’s a thought …
“I am one of those who think like Nobel, that humanity will draw more good than evil from new discoveries.”
Marie Curie, 7 November 1867 – 4 July 1934.
And music …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Oh, BOY!    Remind me to tell you about that trip to Basildon Hospital, Olga!   It all went a bit wrong!   Granted: I could’ve read the message, correctly.   But, just as equally?   They could’ve mentioned it was a phone appointment!   It would’ve saved a lot of stress!   (It was nothing TOO major: but it could’ve been easier!)
        Yeah: I knew they were Eagles, rather than the Eagles.   But phrasing it with ‘the’ means I could throw in two links, rather than one.

        Hello, Mum!

‡        I’ll probably have to keep an eye open for that one, Debbi!
        Did I mention the BBC’s done an edited, but colourised version of The Daleks, the first Dalek story?   I don’t know what’s happening with it, internationally, though!   Oh, and Graham’s latest video may grab you … 

3 comments:

Freda said...

1Battlestar Galactica a
2 Alaska
3 Red Army
4 Staff
5 Germany

Olga said...

Q1) Battlestar Galactica. I don’t recall hearing about his death, although I might have missed it. I’ve enjoyed him in many series (and I still remember the boy with the green hair...)

Q2) Alaska

Q3) the Red Army

Q4) a bishop’s staff

Q5) France
What a bother! I mean your unnecessary trip! With this course on user experience, and looking at things from that perspective, I’ve come to realise how badly designed many systems are. They are not designed with the people who’ll have to use them in mind, that’s for sure.
Oh, we had a “funny” incident happen yesterday. The key got stuck in the keyhole, not fully bolted, from inside (with us inside of the flat as well). No oil, no trying to get it out slowly or more forcefully worked. I checked multiple YouTube videos, and found one where they suggested something I had thought about, trying to just open with a key from the other side. Of course, there was nobody outside with a key. I finally decided to send a message to the neighbours using the WhatsApp group, to see if anybody was around at the time. One of the neighbours came out, I threw her a copy of the key, and, thankfully, it worked. (We had changed that lock a few months ago, so I am not sure if my mother had forced it in the wrong side up, as she always seems to have problems with the key and the lock, or it was a fluke. The key worked perfectly afterwards, and there didn’t seem to be any damage, but it was a bit stressful for a while.

Debbi said...

Haven't heard much at our end. We'll see how it goes.

I'm just glad my day is ending soon. I'm knackered. :)

1. Battlestar Galactica
2. Alaska
3. the Red Army
4. a bishop's staff
5. France