Sunday 17 December 2023

Nik Nak's Daily Teaser — 17th December 2023

17th December, 2023.







It's got to be said: I owe my online friends -- and my family -- a huge thank you.

Thank you, everyone!

Especially regular commenter, Debbi: whose contribution to my iMac repair fund came through, this morning!

Cheers, Debbi!

Hopefully?

Come Friday, when the repair is due to be finished, those contributions will be money well spent!

~≈⇈≈~

I caught the first episode of The Mayfair Witches, on the iPlayer, last night.

That first episode?

Tonally, it was ever so slightly The Witches of Eastwick meets Dynasty: but entertaining enough.

So I thought I'd watch the second episode.

The cast of the opening scenes?   Of the few minutes I saw?

Had just about acceptable Irish accents: just about acceptable, Hollywood Irish accents.

Perfectly acceptable, Hollywood Irish accepts.

Apart from one small, minor, trivial, detail.

No, seriously, a minor detail.

The scene was set in Scotland.

I turned off.

Understandably!

~≈⇈≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.



Q1)        17th December is the International Day to End Violence Against whom: children, sex workers or priests?

Q2)         17th December is marked as Lazarus of Bethany’s Day.    Where: Cuba, Jamaica or Haiti?

Q3)         Actress, Jasmine Armfield, was born on 17th December, 1998.    She played Bet Fowler, in which British soap: Coronation Street, Emmerdale or EastEnders?

Q4)         Lorenzo Cittadini was born on 17th December, 1982. He played what, for Italy: Football, Rugby Union or Ice Hockey?

Q5)         Finally … ?   17th December, 1986, saw the birth of Frank Winterstein.   He played what for Toulouse Olympic: Football, Rugby League or Ice Hockey?

Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …


Q1‭)‬        16th December‭ ‬2023,‭ ‬is the‭ ‬250th Anniversary of the Boston Tea Party.‭ ‬In other words,‭ ‬it place on‭ ‬16th December of which year of the‭ ‬1770s‭?
A1‭)        1773‭.‭

Q2‭)        The Party took place in Boston.‭ ‬This particular Boston is where:‭ ‬Massachusetts,‭ ‬Texas or Lancashire‭?‬
A2‭)        Massachusetts‭.

Q3‭)‬        The Party goers were disguised as Mohawks.‭ ‬The Mohawks,‭ ‬themselves,‭ ‬were part of what:‭ ‬the Iroquois Confederacy,‭ ‬the Cherokee Nation or the Lakota peoples‭?‬
A3‭)‬        The‭ ‬‬Iroquois Confederacy‭.‭

Q4‭)‬        The main ship the protesters attacked,‭ ‬was the what:‭ ‬the‭ Dartmouth‭,‭ ‬the‭ ‬‬Falmouth‭ or the‭ ‬Plymouth‭?
A4‭)‬        The‭ Dartmouth‭.

Q5‭)‬        Finally‭ ‬… ?   The Boston Tea Party‭ ‬is a‭ ‬1915‭ ‬film about the event.‭   It’s a remake of a film made,‭ ‬when:‭ ‬1907,‭ ‬1908‭ ‬or‭ ‬1909‭?‬
A5‭)‬        ‬1908.‭
‭Here’s a thought …

‭“‬Do you know what I need for my knee‭?   Some tequila.‭”
Pope Francis,‭ ‬17‭ ‬December‭ ‬1936.‭

‭And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

‭Decisions about scores are final.

‭Thank you for coming: have a good day.



*        Hello, Mum!

        I'm hoping so, Olga.   I'm keeping my fingers crossed.   And my eyes.   And my toes, legs, and anything else that's crossable!
        I'm glad to hear the day went well: let's hope today's the same ... !

        I'm saying nothing, Debbi!
        Apart from 'Thanks!'   You've been a lifesaver!

3 comments:

Mum said...

1 Sex Workers
2 Cuba
3 Eastenders
4 Eastenders
5 Rugby League

Olga said...

Q1) sex workers

Q2) Cuba

Q3) EastEnders

Q4) Rugby Union

Q5) Rugby League
The morning has proved very busy and cold, especially considering the event was taking place outdoors, but I think it went well, although after so many interviews, I've got little voice left. Thankfully, I don't have to do a lot of talking this evening at the telethon...
I have a class with Jordi tomorrow morning (if I manage to get up after the early morning finish) and have to go to the radio in the afternoon, but I hope I'll be able to catch up. And great news about Debbi's contribution. She's a star.

Debbi said...

Took me long enough. I've been so busy. Like one thing after another. Before you know, there goes a week. :)

Glad I could help. Lord knows, you've been a help.

1. sex workers
2. Cuba
3. EastEnders
4. Rugby Union
5. Rugby League

I can't believe anyone would not think of River as the best Doctor Who companion! :)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/companion-draft-94817479?utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=postshare_fan&utm_content=join_link