Sunday 19 May 2024

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 19th May 2024.

19th May, 2024.


Right then: it’s officially Sunday!

Which means … I’m definitely feeling my age!

But … ?

At least I got the reviews of “Boom” done.

I hope everyone likes my work … 


And had as much fun with the episode as I did!


~≈®≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga scoring four out of five, Debbi on three and Mum on two.



Yesterday’s quiz was tougher than I thought!

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        19th May, 2024, sees many Christians mark what: Easter, Christmas or Pentecost?

Q2)        The festival takes place fifty days after what: Easter, Christmas or Pentecost?

Q3)        19th May, 1997, saw the UK’s Health secretary announce that sponsorship of sports events would be banned.   Sponsorship by whom: bookies, tobacco companies or breweries?

Q4)        19th May, 2018, saw Prince Harry marry Meghan Markle.   The pair are now the Duke and Duchess of where: Essex, Sussex or Middlesex?

Q5)        Finally … ?   The Dark Day took place on 19th May, 1780.   Where: New England, the Pacific North West or New Mexico?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1)        18th May, 1991, saw Helen Sharman become the UK’s first woman in space.   She flew with the Soviet space agency.   Britain’s most recent astronaut candidate, Dr Rosemary Coogan, is due to fly with whom: NASA, the ESA or JAXA?
A1)        The ESA, or European Space Agency.

Q2)        May 18 is a film from which country: South Korea, North Korea or Vietnam?
A2)        South Korea.

Q3)        Louis 2nd was crowned on 18th May, AD872.   Was this his first, second or third coronation?
A3)        His second.

Q4)        18th May is Independence Day in Somaliland.   Is it internationally recognised?
A4)        No.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Bahrain marks its independence from the UK on 18th May. How many Independence days does Bahrain have: four, five or six?
A5)        Six, plus a national day.   This article list the full set.   (Given the conflicting sources, this question will be getting re-written, before being re-used.)
Here’s a thought …

“Sitting at the table doesn’t make you a diner, unless you eat some of what’s on that plate.”
Malcolm X (19 May 1925 – 21 February 1965)

And a song …


The Peach Melba could’d’ve been very different: if Nellie had been born Nellie Butt.

It would’ve been called the Peach Nellie!

Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!

        Yeah I’ve included the link I used in the answer, Olga.   The question is going to be re-written if I use it, again!
        It sounds a lot like the UK’s parliament.   We get exactly the same issues and delaying tactics in both houses: even if one is un-elected!   As I recall, the Rwanda bill§ was the most recent one the Lords held up.   The Government wants to send any asylum seekers to Rwanda — after they’ve got here! — and then reapply for asylum from there.   The bill that’s been bouncing back and forth in Parliament is supposed to declare Rwanda safe.
        Oh … a coalition … !   Tell me about coalitions!
        Oh, did you manage to catch “Boom”, Olga?   It’s worth a watch!

‡        I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled, Debbi!   Oh, have you caught “Boom”?   Steven Moffat’s outdone himself: and “Blink”!

§        I’d imagine, Olga, that Ncuti Gatwa would have something to say about that: his family came to the UK from Rwanda as refugees, during the 1990s.   (I get the impression the place isn’t as hostile to the LGBTQI⁺ community as some nations: but a lot more intolerant than others.   Ncuti may have issues visiting the place.)

3 comments:

Mum said...

1 Pentecost
2 Easter
3 Tabacco Companies
4 Sussex
5 New England

Olga said...

Thanks, Paul. Sorry, I went out with my mother this morning and it proved a long and slow walk, and then I had to cover a local concert for the radio, so no idea what time I'll be back. Supervising my mother is taking more and more time, so don't worry if you don't see me around much, because the days when I have to do anything else get complicated and tiresome.

Debbi said...

Haven't had a chance yet. Will let you know.

1. Pentecost
2. Easter
3. tobacco companies
4. Sussex
5. New England